July 2014, Encroachment: stuff you want to share

Had a great time at my first event this entire year. Good to see everyone again.

Hanging with my boy Heresy
Reminiscing and just fun time with Ray/Tabin.
All the joking and puns about half the chalace.
"So first its bugs who claim we stole a chalace, then some wacko claiming people stole metal, whats next a pirate claiming we stole his ship?"
Attending a game and for the first time watching Vry as a knight, seems like only yesterday...."Get him young pup, like a dart! in and out!" Dont forget who gave you that nickname!
Meeting a lot of new people, forgive me I can not remember all of your names but it was cool playing with a lot of new peeps.
Awesome RP with my new friend Feather, the living ritual, how cool.
Funny oclock at 4 AM with Bill and his hotel friends.
Chats with Sevaria and Keely, 2 of my favorite Gals!
Watching the town/gathering work together for the most part and executing plans to accomplish stuff while getting nearly EVERYONE involved.
Susie as the harpy was cool, expensive to try to get her, but cool. "Man she seems pissed, but yet sexy at the same time"
Funny chats and good conversation with Horatio.

Dan not being completely miserable.

Im sure there is more, but I really had a great time. See you all in August.
-Toddy

Finding a quarter mixed in with party loot. "There's some ugly old woman on here!" Hahaha I still can't look at quarters the same.

Lord Blech of the Oozes! That dude was awesome.

The NPCs. They definetly did a good job roleplaying those bugs. The clicks added so much to the game.

Watching Anja run from the room whenever the Vulgar Gargoyle turned Vulgar.

Lord who now? Time to lawyer up.

Before I get to my favorites, huge shout out to all the NPC's! From Plot to the New Guys and everyone in between, you all rocked! And thank you as well to all the new players! It was so refreshing to not only see new faces in game (although I knew many of you from the other side of the fence), but to have so many of you near my level! It definitely improved my weekend. Now, on to the favorites.

Winner:

Alright, every one else can go home now. Evan wins everything ever. Lord Blech should go onto Fortannis Has Talent. He is a genius after all.

Runner-ups of the weekend:
  • Saturday morning crunching with the brown ooze. AKA, Half the Town Drunk Before Noon. Lord Blech took credit for this, too... Chocolate... poopies... oh dear.
  • The innate sense of panic in many of the wave battles. I was constantly convinced I was going to rez. Well done, Plot and NPCs, for instilling that so well.
  • Moonsong moonsong moonsong. From Werewolves to Heartfelt Reunions, the interactivity with Moonsong makes Curtis proud to be from there.

Honorable Mention:
Dan as a PC makes me as nervous as Dan as an NPC. I guess it's a static condition attached to his spirit. So there you go.

Thanks EVERYONE. I can't wait to come back in August.

I forgot to add in how much enjoy playing this game with Bill AKA Sir Amaranthas.I know we give him a lot of Sh$T all in fun at times. But with the exception of a few people, Bill/Amaranthas is the oldest PC that has traveled all over with Ithica. 11 years. He as Amaranthas rightly deserves all of his titles and recognition of accomplishments. You are awesome Bill, Know that Ithica always has your back! (And so does Toddy) should you need it.

Watching Anja run from the room whenever the Vulgar Gargoyle turned Vulgar.

Geeeeeee, thanks Elandril! Last time I point out loot to you! :p

-NPCs, you were extra awesome this go-round. Seriously.
-Saturday morning ooze... drunk before noon! That was seriously so much fun!
-A few solid, quiet moments of really stellar conversation.
-Gender politics with Fitzi (Fitsi?)

I had an absolutely amazing time. This event was honestly the best event I've ever PC'd at. So, favorites.

-Lord Blech. It was an awesome fight, with an awesome ending. I am interested/terrified to see what happens with him next.
-Learning/Teaching. Learning Riposte, starting Merchant, and teaching Back Attack to the new Rogue. "I need someone with clearly visible organs" (I don't remember your name, but if you're that new Rogue, message me. I think I owe you a teacher card.)
-The "Return to Thelucia" event. The "scatter" format to it was very, very interesting, and was simultaneously terrifying and exciting.

A big thank-you for such an awesome return to Deadlands to the staff and NPCs that make this happen. You're all amazing!

This was both my first time PCing and playing at the NH chapter. It was also pretty much the best thing ever. I can't wait to come back and make more friends and (over time) become a more effective healer.

I enjoyed way too many things, so I'll try to at least be somewhat concise.

-First and foremost, finally meeting the PCs that I've been hearing sooo many stories about in various chapters and NPC camps.
-Your tavern is amazing! Really sweet atmosphere for feeling in-game and listening to stories. Deborah, I don't know what "red" is, but I want it in real life.

-A bunch of other people mentioned it, but Lord Blecht was a rousing good time--as well as a fairly hard fight initially. I enjoyed getting him involved with "commerce" and I still think he could eat some of our future problems.
-Speaking of Oozes... The booze ooze was a great morning fight. I actually didn't get intoxicated, but it was really nice to feel like I could hit something with my staff without fear of getting one or two-shot down.

-The late-night Thelucia fight was TERRIFYING. Being Feebleminded with a Silenced Vry was... a recipe for disaster. If it wasn't for his clever thinking and pure force of strength, I don't think he and I would have had as long and interesting a story as we did after escaping Flamebolt. But, thanks to not being insta-killed, I ran around terrified in the woods, trying to distinguish friend from foe without giving myself away.
Out-of-game, it was incredibly rewarding "victory" after a nightmare. In-game, f**k Thelutia and everything about it--even the "kind" Elemental Blade living spell was absolute misery.

-One good thing that happened that night was that incredible satisfying feeling of hitting something that swung 5 Massive with Weakness. In a crazy battle like that, "0 Massive" sounds heavenly.

Overall, just getting to be Raaja was awesome. NPCs are legitmately scary from the other side, and it was really, really cool to see/be on the other side. Definitely doing that again. :D

Evan and Dan asked for favorites. Here are many of them because as always I had a really great time this event!

~I got to PC with my husband and there was no blood shed! In fact, he was downright reasonable ;)

~Faces I haven't seen for a long time returning as well as new faces. Great seeing Ithica, Avian, and Surion back as well as meeting new PC's like Roman amd Raajh and new NPCS like Ashley - who made quite the impression as a living ritual!

~Teasing Ithica about Feather.

~Scary Sean is scary. Not even wanting to blink when he came in as Pure Lord Shaw because I didn't know why he was yelling and was terrified it would have something to do with me. Exchanging significant looks with pretty much everyone in the tavern at least once, and poor Aisling several times.

~Having a quite dinner with my husband in the tavern and planning on how to move our family back to Laerthan with a little help from Deborah.

~Acrobatics fun in the Temple of Applied Sciences! Especially how the ending culminated with an epic baseball slide by Amaranthus and then a frantic dash from a living wall. That was one of the funnest mods I've been on in a long time, even if we did nearly drive Sean bonkers with our unpreparedness

~Fitzy! Nough' said.

~The return to Thelucia. Loved it, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest the whole ten minutes of hallucinations - especially after trying to flame blast poor Vry into the ground convinced he was a reptalon.

~Talks with Vry and Tabin on nobility and how hard that is. Talks with Sevaria and Rawcuil on Ulak Kashann.

~When the portal of ooze appeared everyone starts shouting "keep them away! Don't let Keely near it!" - Anja calmly asking me to stay away from it because it made her and my friends nervous for me and thanking her for being so rational - then doing it just because she asked nicely.

~Mem Va'tov and being more than a little nervous about being next to the prefect of Death - especially once I figured out the torches were what was ticking her off and causing trouble.

~Watching Horatio cast the ritual and the difference between his normal voice vs. his ritual voice, especially the "well, there's that" as he finished.

~Curtis just being the nicest damn person ever. I don't' think I've ever seen him mad.

~Of course, Lord Blecht.

~Missing most of it because I was asked to hide, but hearing about the poor seven year old werewolf :( Awwwww...

~Playing Toss the orb with various PC's during the fix the portal mod, especially the frantic toss to Tabin on the last one as I got prisoned.

~Feeling that I was doing ok stress wise despite all the crazy harpy stuff - until Thauphideon came in Sunday morning and things went from ok back to Void level anxiety. Knowing it's all my fault to and being determined to see Kinyio get well, even if it means taking on my biggest fears.

~I can't express how much fun Moonsong is. Seeing George reunited with his family was so heartwarming. Also seeing Joseph run from Thauphideon and trying to see it from his point of view. Lastly, I've never been prouder of the little town then when they came in whaling on a pantherghast and explaining they just wanted to defend us when they heard we were in trouble. SO SWEET!

I love this game so much. I love our staff, I love our PCs and NPCs alike. This community is the best, and I really want to thank each and every one of you for being awesome and all the hard work and dedication you put into making this game the quality it is.

Until next month!

~Stacey

Thanks NPCs for running around in masks and stuff in the ridiculous swampy heat. And yay, brand new NPCs!
New PC! Welcome to the rollercoaster, please remain aboard.
-The Intoxicate Ooze. Anybody want to come help with this problem? It's a party!
-Lord Blecht. I'm still giggling every time I think about Blecht singing about what he'd like to eat, and I like ceasing to hit things as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
-The resurrection story told by the dryad woman in White Forest. It was really conducive to unwinding from having a last memory of being scared witless, barely coherent, and fleeing, to being moderately more coherent and willing to go back and face that nightmare again.
-The solution to the Rotslayer problem, and overhearing a good deal of discussion of the reasoning for it. That sort of politicking is a really interesting thing to watch, and a lot of food for thought.
-Getting to poke my history and revisit what I'd leaned on to to get this character in motion and shelved because she's busy with adventurer problems.
-I continue to love that Moonsong exists and we get to see the citizens.

Last edited:
- Politics RP. I'll take a Sadeen Moorian yelling at me any day of the week.
- Getting Rez'd in Legacy and then getting lectured by Bjorn, as well as sassed by staff guy.
- Epic Rap Battle: Warlord Yortuk vs Ria Sevaria (ft. Amaranthus)
- Speaking of Amaranthus: all the RP with that dude this weekend, followed shortly by my death.
- Murdering Roman. SORRY IT'S YOUR PC'D FIRST EVENT.
- Planning the horrible, horrible everything that will be next event.

THANK YOU NPCS YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!!!

- Creating emotional/tense situations, either by writing or playing, and seeing the PCs react beautifully

- Susie the Hype Dinosaur

- Discussing the gender identity of Fitzy (a Stone Elemental), and seeing a few fleeting moments of pronoun confusion when PCs met Mem Va'Tav (a Death Elemental)

- Playing Mem Va'Tav in general. Walking in and automatically receiving PC respect is a rare and beautiful thing ;)

- Saturday morning Boozes and PCs getting drunker and drunker the more Intoxicates they took. I appreciate that you guys took that path even though it's not the mechanical effect -- way to get into the spirit of the encounter!

- I LOVE how much you guys love Moonsong!! PCs moving in, George's family, the Human pantherghast, everything that provides the "common folk" perspective

- Brian coming to Evan and I with his idea for a baby werewolf and Evan going "You're a bad person. I love it, go do it."

- Rezzing people as Asharah and... Sashi?

- Several cool moments of roleplay while sitting in the Logistics tent late Saturday night

- Orcish trade

- New PCs! New NPCs! New people enjoying the game and telling us how much they want to come back!!

- Whoever keeps donating gummy fruit snacks to NPC Camp is my bloody hero

See you next month for Dagronpalooza!

Back