July 22nd Weekend Event: "More of whats New, More of whats Different"

Ragnarok

Rogue
Alliance Rules
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Welcome to the Registration Thread for July 22nd Full Weekend Event: More of whats New, More of whats Different

The event for PCs will cost $90 and NPCs $35; however anyone who preregisters will gain a $15 discount! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday are included with your event fee.

The site opens 6PM on Friday July 22nd, Logistics AND a soft lay on will begin at 8PM with PC talk and the hard lay on around 9-10PM. (Please do not be on site before 6PM if you have not spoken directly with Rob). Second Day Logistics will be at 2-3 PM Saturday (this is an LCO policy - let us know if you love or hate it). Sunday will be plot loose ends and clean up. Our goal is to be off site about noon on Sunday!

Site is Bille Creek Village: 65 S Billie Creek Rd, Rockville, IN 47872

Additional information regarding this site, including shower availability and where to report to will be forthcoming.

Pre-registration for this event should be completed over on the CMA:
db.alliancelarp.com

Alliance LARP - CMA

Alliance LARP Character Management Application
db.alliancelarp.com
The deadline for preregistration and prepayment to garner the discount is Sunday July 17th 11:59PM as logistics will meet on Monday and need to have things updated at that time. You are welcome to continue to register after this point, or pay cash at the door.

Important Notes about this event:

This is a 2.1 Playtest Event! Please read the following as we have made some slight policy changes since our last 2.1 beta event. Players may choose to completely rewrite their card (including race changes and spirit forges) for this 2.1 beta test. To that end, if you choose to playtest a build other than the one currently supported by the live CMA, we ask that you generate a new card with a matching XP total to your live card and complete a second (very short) pre reg on the Beta CMA.
You need not prereg your Magic Items, but we do ask that you complete all other relavent memorizations. This is so the Logistics team can have a beta card printed and ready for you when you arrive. If you do not pre reg on the beta CMA and wish to play an alternative build, you must bring a printed copy of your new build. In order to play an alternative build, you MUST have a printed copy of your character sheet signed by either a member of the logistics team, or a member of the plot team.

We are imposing only two restrictions on alternative builds produced by the beta CMA. 1) The XP total must match the XP total of the character receiving credit on the live CMA. 2) The total number of Professions on the beta build may not exeede the number of Craftsmen Other purchases on the live build of the character you are playing. Essentially, you may choose to have fewer ranks of Profession, but not more.

Prepayment via PayPal should be sent to: Robertdautovski@yahoo.com please use friends and family or via ETH/BTC/DAI reach out via pm for wallet addresses.

We are requiring a 95% vaccination rate of all attendees at the event, and part of pre-registration will include proof of vaccination. Non-vaccinated players will be capped at 5% of total attendance, and if you are unvaccinated, you may be put on a “waiting list” to attend until more vaccinated players are registered. Get your vaccines, folks! With the expansion of vaccines available to the public and the amount of time before the event, there should be ample opportunity for our players to get their vaccinations in time, with the unvaccinated 5% comprising only those that are truly unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons (allergies, immunocompromised, etc.).

Lastly, all attendees must have a current Alliance Chicago Membership ($20).

Pre Regged PCs
1. Amanda F (Lydia)
2. Ezra F (Riqi)
3. Emma H (Korē)
4. Daphne P (Eve)
5. Anna D (Lorelei)
6. Ryan C (Durinn)
7. JD D (Jadar)
8. Bryan L (Corbell)
9. Dylan L (Drake)
10. Leanne L (Cookie)
11. Nate M (Vaelin)
12. David E (Heinricht)
13. Nay S (Adlao)
14. Zach H (Aiden)
15. Tercero C (Xelver)
16. Jonathan H (Drikke)
17. Andrew N (Rusty)
18. Josh H (Tel'rendiir)
19. Erika B (Triska)
20. Kelly L (Kira)
21. Lacey M (Calliope)
22. Jon M (Roff)
23. Sarah M (Tuli)
24. Ib A (Rengar)
25. Andrea R (Gerty)
26.Jeremy R (Iban)
27. Jared M (Glenn)
28. Caitlyn W (Lenora)
29. Mike B (Elias)
30. Leah G (Elspeth)
31. Joseph B (Krosis)
32. Ethan R (Ignathis)
33. Katie B (Nyssa)
34. John N (Ash)
35. Colton S (Colton)
36. John G (Dramthin)
37. Samantha S (Beryl)
38. Elizabeth H (Euthymia)
39. Ian S (Draco)
40. Mykal M (Franz)
41. Joe G (Hildegarn)
42. JT E (Willem Rivet)
43. Ian H (Cami)
44. Quinn S (Locke)
45. Rynn L (Auryn)
46. Luke D (Marcus)
47. Ben B (Binar)
48. Garrett S (Blank)
49. Alana E (Vanya)
50. Matthew E (Garwon)
51. Seamus C (Tarqaq)
52. Anthony D (Alexandrite)
53. Derek S (Sam)
54. Nick D (Ranvier)
55. Alex M (J'rajj)
56. Stephanie R (Ludmilla)
57. Dee E (Roan)
Regged PCs
58. Liam S (Liam)
59. Michael J (Rook)
60. James F (Higgeldee)

Pre Regged NPCs
1. Sid P
2. Claire B
3. Rob D
4. Julia S
5. Emma A
6. Tabby S
7. Cole D
8. Sol G
9. Nadine D
10. Tom H
11. Jay S

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks! Sorry I have been MIA recently with some health stuff. But wanted to call out a couple points about this event to make sure everyone knows what they are walking into. Also I will address a couple other points while at it.

First many thanks for the staff having largely run themselves recently!

The site is a 40 building civil war era village. We have full access to it except for a few buildings that need major repairs. The site is run by some truly amazing people who are super LARP friendly but they did only take it over this year and thus are still in process of upgrading, preparing it ect. The site has well over a hundred acres of land and most of it is flat beautiful mod space. I am personally very excited for us to use the area.

We do have air conditioning in the general store which is NPC camp AND an actual functioning general store. NPC camp is in the back, the front will have chairs/tables for folks to come cool off as needed. Also it will sell drinks, snacks, and ice cream to folks. It will be staffed by someone in genre costuming ect. Please pay cash for these if you want them. We may work out a better system in the future but this one if you want sundries have cash. Please refer to the cash as goblin green backs.

The rest of the site has no air conditioning but has heavy shade and wooden roofs. I toured the site on a 100+ degree day and found the buildings comfortable. With some fans for air movement I expect the site to be more comfortable than most in summer.

This event we highly encourage folks to tent, and or bring cots/air mattresses or a bit of extra bedding as the one major feature the site lacks is mattresses atm. IE floor sleeping. The barn can easily fit 50 people, and then we can dig up other spaces, but a few folks tenting will make logistics work smoothly. There is plenty of tent space and good level ground for it even in shaded areas. Anyone who tents will earn a Lore Token as a reward by the by!

We have plenty of flush toliets and 6 shower stalls all conveniently located to the main hub of sleeping/tavern/npc camp.

Keep those preregs coming in. Important reminders this is a 2.1 playtest event and you are allowed a rewritten card (only one this time), please prereg/prepay by Sunday the 17th!

On to a couple of other topics briefly to wrap up this post.

Due to my health stuff as of late the last two events I found myself white headband marshaling more than ever. I have noticed that some people have been sloppy about the mechanics of the game. It's not any one particular thing alone. A combination of not going through production to destroy it/turn it in, not going over battleboards to mark off abilities/spells/magic item usage, and some sloppy rules knowledge in general which is compounded by 2.1 for sure. I just ask everyone to try to be cleaner as they play the game. Let’s practice good habits: checking battleboards after mods, destroying/turning in production, and just keeping it friendly when rules issues come up on field. I will be white head banding this next event more than not and will try to remind people, chat about rules when they come up ect. Let's all work together on this.

Lastly, and this topic is difficult and will be kept vague. But, a significant theft took place against the chapter. I run this game to build a community, for the community, for us all to have a place that is warm and welcoming and “BE ALL YOU CAN’T BE”. This type of behavior is just immensely disappointing and disillusioning. I question why I suffer physically, mentally, and often financially for this game. Perhaps the theft was one of the outsiders on site at Hill-mageddon and not one of us. I truly hope that, for if it was one of us, how can you say you are one of us…If you have had remorse and desire to return the money stolen I am providing my ETHereum address that you may return the money anonymously.

ETH: 0x734E6ef90B4951d819258f9ff473B13C00F76988

Hey Rob, whats the availability of electricity on site?

Most if not all of the 40 buildings have electricity. And the site has extension cords to help us out if we end up needing some in x or y place.

Due to my health stuff as of late the last two events I found myself white headband marshaling more than ever. I have noticed that some people have been sloppy about the mechanics of the game. It's not any one particular thing alone. A combination of not going through production to destroy it/turn it in, not going over battleboards to mark off abilities/spells/magic item usage, and some sloppy rules knowledge in general which is compounded by 2.1 for sure. I just ask everyone to try to be cleaner as they play the game. Let’s practice good habits: checking battleboards after mods, destroying/turning in production, and just keeping it friendly when rules issues come up on field. I will be white head banding this next event more than not and will try to remind people, chat about rules when they come up ect. Let's all work together on this.
Super excited about this part. As a former other player I find it hard to change to the new system sometimes and inadvertently "cheat." Happy to share some ideas on ways to open the discussion so everyone can learn from others too. I will take it upon myself to go back to what I did before and point these out (light heartedly) hoping others do as well in a post after the event (when I can attend that is :(). Really it is a learning endeavor, no one lives this stuff enough to play perfectly and reminders help a bunch.

I have been enjoying Wisconsin's posts on Facebook around incants and rules recently.

Also sorry to hear about your health, hope that is going better.

Final Weekend to Prereg for that sweet discount! Sunday Night Deadline!

Back