July Event (and Party) Favourites!

Alright so, This was the first full event I've been able to just PC all year.

It was everything I could have wanted.

I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a hot minute
Amazing RP was had
I got to fight all of my favorite jerk-face monsters
There was a table of brownies
I got to fight a Withering Knight, get my spirit shattered and rejoin the same fight for the second time in Ona's adventuring career. I may be weird but I loved that
Some dragons think I'm alright
It was cool to see a new generation of players coming in. I remember when that was me.
I really hope that when Ona does perm, that it gets to be in the Deadlands

Thank you Staff for everything you do.

It was a amazing event one that punched you right in the feels

Getting to see tearoff in game for first time he really is terrifying... I loved it

The great roleplay of the shambling corpses that night gave a great feel to being overrun by a endless horde of them (well done NPC's)

Watching the counter rogue games between Meg and Sean C. Made me really not want to leave the group and get picked off

The food!!! There was so much and and it was all delicious

Human-ghast sorry Curtis first one stomped me hard I managed to get second tho

The final wave battle and the the vast expanse of creatures on it I think there was something for everyone to fight it was pretty great to see pockets of towns folks working together to take down different small groups of enemy's

I'm sure there are more but I'm still kind of fried from event

My thanks to the staff , NPC's and l the players thank make my weekends amazing

NPCs were amazing. It was hot as hell and you guys just kept comin'!

Thoroughly enjoyed all the tasty treats.

Loved that things were effected by alchemy.

Got to hang with some of my team members.

Got to hit my husband with a "17 body".

The Withering King and seeing pools of the withering coming up through the earth was horrific.

Panthergasts on our way to the weird puzzle in the woods.

The Mist Shaper HOLY TERRIFYING. I know it wasn't trying to kill us, but it still looked creepy.

I love when Mitzi can't find Osiris!

The grape from across the tavern into Zayla's mouth!! AMAZING

Singing in the tavern!! I miss Wynn and Thrace.

Hootenanny Shenanigans!

What a great time!! Despite the intense heat, I had so much fun.

OK, first of all, Ulak Ka...

I mean, holy hell NPCS! You were non stop and amazing and I had so much fun playing with you on both sides of the fence. This was the first time I was in my home chapter with a character not from there. The change in perspective is incredible!

Really, the shining moments of the weekend were the conversations Mischa got to have in game, and the little small moments.

-Talking about Tearoff with Lords Vryan and whatever name Tabin is currently using. (You have too many!)

-Planning where to send the Renlathan refugees with Nadarin.

-The fastest and most amiable marriage and divorce.

-Having Nerium's lost knife conveniently tucked into the front of Mischa's dress right when she was looking for it

-Being Gross.

-Talking courtship with Surion.

-All the puns.

-And this one is too personal to go into in detail, but 5 minutes of role play gave Mischa back her will to survive.

Everyone in the Hollow had a really big impact on her (even though most of your things are horrifying and you have too much magic and Laerthan is made of nightmares). Oh, and look, I know Mischa didn't believe in dragons, but you didn't have to go that far to prove her wrong. That was just overkill. I'm just glad she never saw Viridia, cause that would be weird.

Last edited:
Thank you Staff and NPCs for braving the awful heat and delivering a stellar event.

• Holy crap intense opening battle Friday night ! I was legitimately afraid for Keely and ready to jump in front of all the obliterates.

• Fighting on the front line with Jules and becoming instant battle Bros.
Badass warrior ladies !!

• Saturday afternoon chilling on the field singing with friends. The best was having Ivar joining us. It felt like old times.

• Hootinany! !

• Little William looking ever so dapper and being the perfect little hobling collecting coin.

• SUDUPTA !!!!!! Almost having a heart attack seeing her :).

• Dragon ritual. The amazing rp with Tabin . It was intense and perfect.

• Taking Keely's title as pie eating champion ;).

• Grave King encounter. .....yes stupid should hurt. Nice touch with Oberon whispering in our mind.

• All the 9 towers players ! You guys rock!

Thank you so so so much to the NPCs and PCs alike!

-Floof and Birb team! So many feels all around, it was awesome!
-Buying Jules a ticket on the dragon wagon. Stephano has a thing about hometown pride. Whoops.
-Bird nest! Such cuddles around the earth circle.
-Human hat!
-Pantherghast party!
-So Stephano isn't super aware of all that is going on in Laerthan, but some of his heart strings got pulled because Dave's heart strings were pulled. Megakudos to plot for all that I saw and a majority of stuff I didn't see but people had such candid reactions to, I was moved because they were moved.
-I hooted at some nannies.
-Bought some stuff, sold some stuff. Did bizness.
-So much more that I'm still too tired to remember, but I had an absolute blast and can't wait to visit again!

Until we meet again!

-Feelings in Authenrai. Thank you for all the reminders that adventurers lead absolutely mad lives and reasonable people prefer tea. Surion demonstrating the heck out of Lothanti culture.

-Shouting at a tarp. No we do not want any Withering here, nope, goodbye.

-Kar the art exhibit. Thanks for being such a good sport while the thoroughly high Sarr searched for metaphors in your earrings.

-The Crown Prince got talked into bobbing for apples. Very royal and dignified, excellent choice. Cross chapter plot, much excitement and bottling up sad feelings.

-"It's a trap you both make for each other." "Then who wins?" "Nobody." Khazrak explaining marriage.

-Cerulean talking to adventurers after Thauphidian died. Apologizing to Cerulean for crying, then reflecting on the implications of apologizing for having feelings.

-Sentinel chat. I mean, it's windy.

-New Ria and Childe. Congratulations and please stop dying.

I am sorry it took me so long to get this up but I've had a few busy days here and wanted to let the whole event settle in.

First off; HUGE THANKS to the entire plot team and logistics staff for helping me make this happen. Samara and Albert especially for chiming in and responding to my many pre event questions. Also a huge thanks to the player base, Rachel and Seth in particular, for making a visiting player feel welcome. You all have a fun chapter.

Some Favorites but not an exhaustive list:

Seeing all the great costuming and good RP from a new (to me) bunch of Larpers, this is always a lot of fun for me.

Friday night's great opening, very scary, very fun battle with good roguing opportunities if you were willing to face the wrath of the counter rogue (I did several times and a few were close calls) great job Meg and all NPCs.

Speaking to TearOff(SP?) and helping avert a bigger fight that we didn't need and maybe planting seeds of redemption. Either ways, I love talking bad guys off a ledge! :)

Elf talks with Scarn and speaking on the nature of races with many others throughout the event. Too many great conversations to remember everyone's names but so much to think on and so much good RP.

The downtime Saturday which allowed me to learn a good deal more about the background of the vibrant worlds that have been built on the east coast, the various PC groups and many long term metaplots. I love me a good module, but I really enjoyed getting a chance to learn so much about your game and that so many people went out of their ways to include me in conversations.

Reminiscing with Lauren/Phedre on all the hyjinx we got into in SF. Lights out FTW!

Getting to see some people I haven't seen since Nationals 4+ yrs ago.

Sunday's fight was every part epic and add a few parts of butt kicking good times.

Dan's pure look of annoyance when I unloaded 7 blasts into him all at once while he stood there looking at me as though Jehan ( and 300+ Damage) was a gnat to the Witherking....*gulp*

I don't know the players name (sorry) but I tried to hand a component to a C Scholar from 9 T whose look could have curdled milk...great RP.

Thanks,

Paul F.

this event was great, sorry i missed all the action friday night

thanks npcs for working your butts off

my favorite parts of the weekend had to be

the sunderdragon group with friends to see what the devourers were doing, not avalons favorite people, but still went,
being the one to find the last piece and flipping it, even at the cost of being brought down of the npc, but was glad jesse had seen me fall.

NOT eating the sketch of the layout of the puzzle, like i had thought about doing for a second.

sundays huge battle, oh man, when i think about how if i had gone to my tent 5 minutes sooner, i would have been at the sunderdragon circle behind enemy lines,
or had gone over there 5 minutes later and walk straight into the withering king, yeah.....

Back