June 26th, 2010 Game Day Teaser

Jim

Scholar
The last week and a half the town of Stonehaven has been plagued by small tremors, however they have been increasing in magnitude which has given rise to concern among the township. A peek inside the local watering hole reveals much of what is being discussed around town.

"Well I can't believe 'dem kids. Don't they know it's dangerous to be a runnin' 'round outside the town wall? And all to steal some scarecrows? Just plain foolish if you ask me."

"Ayep. I heard farmer Sunbeard had three scarecrows taken. He keeps puttin' 'em up and 'dem fool kids keep snatchin' 'em."

"I cannot believe you two fools are complaining about missing scarecrows when these tremors pose a dangerous threat to all of us. If you are that concerned about the thefts why don't you hire those filthy Wilderkin refugees to find the missing strawmen."

"Now, now. Calm yourself, the Magistrate has assured everyone that Stonehaven is quite safe and the little quakes are just normal."

"Yeah, an' 'e 'as retired to 'is 'ome an' rumor 'as it 'e 'as builders workin' to reinforce it. Don' sound so safe ta' me."

""What is not safe for Magistrate Silverthorn is the fact that he has not bothered to appoint a sheriff and Lady Stonecutter is out for his blood. She is furious that nobody, including the knights and adventurers, have not offered to assist in the recovery of her heirloom jewelry."

"Stolen goods are not the big worry here, people. Doesn't anyone see that the tremors are because the bugs are planning a big attack?"

Just then the town crier bursts in and shouts, "here ye, here ye, let it be known that last night the Undershaft's family jewels were stolen right from under them!"

Therefore, as you can see much is still afoot in Stonehaven and the adventurers will surely have their hands full at the next gathering.

Back