June 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

Always takes a few days for me to try and process the game.

• I loved the drive up, it was beautiful. What I DIDN'T love was not being able to leave work till 7pm which made my Friday rather... stressful.
  • Our NPCs and PCs are always super helpful, thank you everyone who helped me out friday evening when I was frazzled.
  • The boat fights went pretty quickly! (which was a relief) I felt it was well done overall.
  • The march to clear out the cabin areas post boat fight was pretty fun and had an element of concern/danger to it. I got a chance to meet some new players.
  • Captain Roberts! I totally thought you were an NPC Friday night (well dressed Crimson fellow). It was nice to meet a PC who was actually boat-oriented! (who was this guy, anyone know?)
  • HUGE thank you to Frank and Vira for spearheading the Friday night campfire and it's icly drunken return on Saturday night. While I didn't partake overly much, the singing and camaraderie I got to overhear and watch was heartwarming. I'd love to see more of this.
  • Thank you to Sorin/Ri for the AMAZING beverages (particularly that Melon Jones one Tinder and I shared)
  • Saturday morning's Baronial yammering/briefing was FAR more lighthearted than normal which was nice.
  • I took a rather rare and unusual break from my normal politic-heavy rp on saturday to cook for the Tiatar team in the quiet camp of Lyra. I go to know some of the newer players, and had a wonderful time relaxing with Eldred, Lucian, and a rotating cast of characters from Tiatar. The relaxing atmosphere was wonderful (plus bonus deer). I'm also pleased my lunch hobo packs came out well (thank you to Ray for the idea). It was a really calm and relaxing saturday - the first of it's kind for me @ Alliance.
  • The Tabins during the day weren't too bad at all. (Next time there will need to be better bedding choices though!)
  • I enjoyed the Saturday night fight and felt good about the communication between the "war chiefs." Also thank you to Wither for being my battle buddy! You were a delight!
  • A huge thank you to Jack for the array of food, and the hard work on the presentation! I lament I barely got to eat any of it, but I'm glad I got to see it before it was descended upon. :)
  • Special shout out to the donuts on Sunday. Seriously... amazing.
  • Thank you to the whole kitchen staff, I know that you had some serious challenges this weekend
  • I really loved getting to see Bayenna in the spotlight for a weekend! The team has grown so much, and I'm glad we were able to experience some of their lands and history. (Epic land bond was epic)
  • As always huge hugs and love to Tiatar and Cerberus for the wonderful RP.
  • There's more stuff but I'm forgetful :(
-Jules

While I'm not sure what you mean by Crimson fellow as I am unaffiliated with any group at the moment, thank you very much for the complement. This was my first even PCing in alliance and I had a blast. My favorite moments have got to be:
1. All the ship offers from Tiatar members.
2. The awesome ship mod with Legaurd and the scars late late Saturday night. (hell yeah parrot-kin!)
3. Singing round the campfire.
4. The gorgeous views all around the site. Seriously fields of purple and yellow as far as you could see.

Several good times this event! took me a bit to get these organized so I can put them down.
The drive up was really pretty! Gota to take the time to stop and enjoy the rivers next time!
  • -The boat battle was pretty fun. glad that happened fast and most people had fun with it.
  • -being in the first mob that overrun as the boats landed at the docks. that was pretty overwhelming to be one of 4 that was being run over by 60+ (70?, 80?) and being not much of even a speedbump. ^_^
  • -Thanks for working with me as the Loremaster. Still getting used to being the acting guildmaster and everything. Glad that I was able to get the Loremasters meeting started and later on their way the following day.
  • -Being the head of one of the Sahagan squads that kept spawning Lyra camp. One time my squad got split. 2 of us ran into the woods and 2 ran down the road. after playing dodge the PC's in the woods we met up just down the road like it was planned! even though it wasnt. :)
  • helping with the swamp course. setting it up and sending the PC's wonderfully entertaining spores (various poisons :)
  • durring the Water and Mud Elemental mod, when Squire Ri clearly stated "yes we agree with the Mud elementals" and I was within a half a breath of starting the combat when he suddenly goes "But but but!" (paraphrased) and then begins negotiating in ernest.
  • during the sat night fight, ending up facing some of the rear gaurd. Lucient, Blue, Echo and one other. giving them a good fight while Echo kept trying to sneak up behind me and I kept turning around to fight him off. good fight and was a lot of fun keeping them occupied
  • in the sat night fight being paired up with Dom as a pole weapon fighter and keeping 4 PC's soo occupied they had to send back 2 for refits and then starting throwing disarms at us to break the rhythm we had going!
  • on another note, the site was very beautiful! looking forward to being back there next month!

I've never done so little combat at an event. Normally I'm literally running from area to area as I hear fights break out. It was a nice changeup. Here are just a few of my favorite things from the event:
-I really liked the site and the drive getting there. The layout I think went really well with how the even played out as far as all the tabins being spread out in a line from the Tavern and having things pretty well segregated and spread out. It allowed for different things to be happening in different places without giving me the feeling of events unrelated to me happening close to where I was.
-The boat fight was chaotic and I really liked how unique it was, including the extra rules like being dragged off into the ocean.
-I loved the interaction I had with Skeld, Katya, and Alis. Most of our in character relationship building has been offline since I miss so many events, and it was nice to flesh it out and solidify that. Our trapse off into the woods and meadows looking for trouble was so much fun for me if not the rest of the party :p
-I really liked the fact that Dani and Rachel were able to play the Frog Tribe sisters for no other purpose than just roleplay. THose kinds of interactions are things that I really could see happening in a situation like what our characters found themselves in, and it added a lot to the immersion. Normally it's just PCs, NPCs we kill, and NPCs who send us to kill other NPCs (This is in my combat heavy perspective, not necessarily a reflection of reality).
-The music (that I mostly missed out on) was my favorite thing the whole event. All of the singing and music was perfect and amazing, and I feel inspired to get my butt in gear and learn some appropriate style music so I can contribute. If I had a whole event of nothing but sitting around campfires with you guys and singing, telling stories, and playing instruments, I would have an awesome time. Thank you to Thorgrim, Moria, and the other lovely lady who I got to hear sing, as well as all the musicians.
-Getting to venture into the Shadowmarsh and storm the keep was a big roleplay moment for Valdyr, and getting to see Egil and Arikaya in their triumph really made me happy, especially with the awesome spear loot and incredible celebratory banquet. Great moment.

My favorites.... all of you...
Seriously! I had so many amazingly fun moments with ALL OF YOU!!!
Mods, tavern RP, waves, small talk with my npcs, etc... I had a blast!!
Jack and tavern...
Friday 2 hours before game on, bythe way, NPC camp has no lights! WTF!?!?!? Then suddenly players and npcs alike are going back to cars and tents, and then 30 lights appear in npc camp!
I frikkin love all of you for making this game the best!!

Back