June Menu

Laiyesta

It’s that time again. It’s time to post the menu for the upcoming event. I have asked for feedback and I have gotten feedback. Thank you to everyone that let me know how they thought things went with the tavern, especially the food. Knowing what you liked and didn’t will help me do better each time. One very big part of the feedback I received was that I better have a quiche at every event, or else. Also because of the overwhelming popularity of the steel cut oats and the sharp drop in popularity of the rolled oats, from now on we will only have the steel cut.

Breakfast #1 Saturday
  • Quiche – Type depends on what is fresh when I go shopping that Friday
  • I will have my standard assortment of hash browns, fruit, melons and porridge.
Breakfast #2
  • A standard assortment of eggs, hash browns, a meat, porridge, fruits and melon.
  • I will have a special surprise addition for this breakfast.
Because of the summer solstice will happen during the event I have decided on three letters to bring it in. BBQ.
  • Salad, a mix of lettuce (no iceberg allowed).
  • Pulled pork BBQ sandwiches.
  • I will have and assortment of sides. Things such as coleslaw, baked beans and the like.
  • Harri will have a special dessert from lands abroad. He is keeping it top secret, all he will say right now is that it’s cold and has bubbles. Any guesses?

I will have several drink options. Quantities of some are limited. I have been learning what all of you want and what I need more and less of.
  • Coke, diet Coke, Pepsi, sprite, Mountain Dew, Lemonade, Iced tea (Sweetened and unsweetened), the Harri Deepjug (AKA Arnold Palmer), Milk, OJ, tomato juice, and lots of water.

I will have alternatives for the people that have let me know of food issues they have. Please contact me if you want to go over your needs. If anyone has any questions about the food or other tavern related issues please contact me sooner than later.

For anyone that is just getting the dinner package after we are done serving breakfast you are welcome to have some of the fruit and melons offered. I won’t have a lot out until I get a chance to cleanup from breakfast. I have the fruit and melons out there to keep everyone fueled up for a full day of roleplaying.

Looks Great, can't wait to enjoy!

Minor request for fruit, any chance to pick up some apples if they are cheap? bananas and slices of melon don't tuck into a pocket for later as well as an apple does. if not i'll try to pick up a bag to bring along myself.

I have done apples before and plan on having at least one type of hand fruit at each event. If people give me feedback, like with your reply, I know what I should bring more for. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the next event.

Because of some of the good sales going on now I will have a slight change to menu. I will be adding BBQ chicken as one of the TWO meats available for the sandwiches. I will be doing about ½ pork and ½ chicken. Roasted corn on the cob will also be part of the menu for dinner. I makes this at home all of the time and everyone loves it (Thanks to Quinn for the recipe).

Back