Kids Event, what did your kid not stop talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKing

Scout
So, what crazy antics did your kid/s...or yourself enjoy from this crazy weekend??

also I have 1 camera done and uploaded to my Facebook still have to do my wifes but that will be tomorrow...

I had a great weekend...from kids antics to adult time antics...my wife had a great time, my kids had a great time and I had a great time. I want to thank the staff and writers from the kids event well done...NPC great job, you took your beatings like the true thugs you are....

kids and wife are wiped out and now Im going to go crash...need to get up in the am and go to work early.... :tears:

thanks again,

Matt King

We had a great time at the event. Thank you so much to Tab, the staff and NPCs for putting on such a good show. I snuck into my first NERO event at 13, so sharing this with my kids is so great.

Favorites are obviously the cool characters, Jim-Jim, Princess Lolli and Gingerbread Man. But, even more favorite has to be the villains, Gingersnap and especially Lord Licorice. Swirly evil mustache FTW.

Thank you so much for running this, and my kids can't wait for next year.

This was the first kids event I NPC'd for. It was fun. Suprisingly the kids scare me more then the adults. Seeing all the little ones charges screaming with their weapons in the air was frightening and awesome. So glad I got to be a part of this. The lord licorice and Princess lolli costumes were my favorites. Hopefully I will be able to help out with future kid events. They really wore me out no idea where they get the energy from

Junyper said:
This was the first kids event I NPC'd for. It was fun. Suprisingly the kids scare me more then the adults. Seeing all the little ones charges screaming with their weapons in the air was frightening and awesome. So glad I got to be a part of this. The lord licorice and Princess lolli costumes were my favorites. Hopefully I will be able to help out with future kid events. They really wore me out no idea where they get the energy from

It is a fact that kids suck the energy out of any surrounding adults, which is why just watching them run around you get tired :funny: :funny: :funny:

MKing said:
Junyper said:

It is a fact that kids suck the energy out of any surrounding adults, which is why just watching them run around you get tired :funny: :funny: :funny:

Yeah and the fact that you throw boffers in their hands and they are knee and shin height lumberjacking your legs helps too. lol. :funny: For some reason my right leg was favored it has the most bruises on the calf and my knee is like "I hate you"... :funny: but i would totally do it again. the exhaustion and pain was so worth it to see the kids have as much fun as they did.

Ok, uploaded the 2nd camera...so thats another 220 pics posted and now Im done :wacko: enjoy the pics!!!!!

I posted a bit less then 200 photos and am working on getting the 5 videos I took of the water balloon and ball fights up. My facebook is set to private so if you are not a friend already shoot me a friend request. If you aren't sure how to spell my name message me and i will tell ya. Enjoy and please only tag yourself some people don't want LARP photos up on their pages. Thanks.

I'm loving the pictures. Thank you guys for taking so many of them!

It was awesome seeing this weekend come to life and listening and watching the screaming horde of kids running around all day. One of the highlights was sitting with Kelly at the yurt prepping her for Princess Lolli stuff and hearing the screams start at the soccer field and listening to the sound migrate up the path as the battle moved closer. At one point I just stopped, laughed, and said, "they're coming!"

Another was watching Rory and Mordecai come screaming down the path to help their fellow adventurers.

Thank you everyone for coming and helping out. Everyone was awesome and such a big help with making stuff run. A big thanks to our leading NPC roles for the weekend, Lolli, Licorice, Grandma Nut, Gingerbread golem, Mr. Gingersnap, and of course, Jim-Jim. You guys made the world come to life.

Can't wait for next year!

Little Siren's favorite part, by far, was exacting revenge on Lord Licorice for stealing all her turns at Candyland.

Never knew she had so much angst over those licorice lose-a-turn squares, but evidently, conquering them has helped her be at peace with the frustration of losing a turn.

RavenSis said:
Little Siren's favorite part, by far, was exacting revenge on Lord Licorice for stealing all her turns at Candyland.

Never knew she had so much angst over those licorice lose-a-turn squares, but evidently, conquering them has helped her be at peace with the frustration of losing a turn.

Brilliant.

My boys were both pleased to hear that Lord Licorice was defeated.

Jacob was VERY concerned for Princess Lolli's safety. He was sad that he couldn't save her.

Evan's favorite part of the event... JimJim. He loves that goofy dryad.

As an aside... I think the parent's of all of the little guys should be very proud. Jacob had his loot bag stolen from while he was taking a break and lost all of his treasure. I'm sure you can imagine he was devastated. But, as soon as all the little adventurers found out about it he found himself with enough coins to get just the right prize to put a smile on his face. I won't lie... I was fighting back tears. It was easily one of my favorite LARP moment in years.

Thank you Crossroads staff. You gave my boys something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back