Known Vampires in Rathfall

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greetings Unbounded,

This list will be updated as we know the names and subtypes of more vampires operating within the Grimere Expanse.

Lord Bordeaux: Domain: Buckets End
Subspecies: unknown; possibly Valentino or Kohketsu
Thralls: unknown

Lord Nashor: Domain: unknown
Subspecies: unknown
Thralls: Colt, deceased
Evidence of their existence found via a diary entry from on Colt.

Baroness FallingStar

Attachments

• 20240228_130119.jpg
    20240228_130119.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
This is definitely useful and I figured here I would also put the research I have on the subtypes of vampires for reference.

Vampire types:

Afanis: An unusual bloodline that has very little written records. Scout groups have reported them having tails and two hearts. Must be killed twice in quick succession, or will regenerate. Prefers to fight with alchemy.

Kohketsu: Malevolent vampires are widely documented within the library. They are known for protecting remote villages in exchange for tithe feedings. Should the village hang the vampire family symbols displayed from their buildings, the vampire gains extraordinary strength while on village grounds.

Onyx: There are several stories of a hive of Onyx vampires that terrorized Hollo for hundreds of years. Known for their resilient bodies, and red-striped faces. The nanomagics inside their body harden in response to physical trauma. Powerful Onyx vampires are practically immune to physical damage. They were known for targeting and removing magic scholars to further secure their power.

Lecarde: One of the oldest families which are lightly mentioned across several dozen texts ranging as far back as 1500 years ago from before the Necromancy Wars, but not in any detail. Documented almost exclusively in urban areas, they often create bonds with the ground itself.

Orlock: Stories exist involving "ghost" vampires that turns incorporeal and gains all their “friends” in graveyards. They have no fangs, and consume Spirit Essence instead of blood.

Valentino: This bloodline is known for their ease with integrating into mortal society. Their charming demeanors are unmatched. Avoid eye contact. They also have the ability to reverse the life force of themselves or their enemies.

-Lost One Euthymia

Also I believe Lord Bordeaux is almost certainly a Kohketsu, as he fits the description almost perfectly and has made no attempt to hide what he is, as a Valentino would.

Back