Kyrie's Return

Kyrie

Some of you may remember that when I left Briarpass years ago I did not do so on the best of terms. While there were those of you like Mariel & Lydia who were kind to me from the beginning, and like Millie who was willing to risk her own life to rescue me, many adventurers in Briarpass were selfish, lazy and heartless creatures. I was once allowed to die a slow and painful death simply because those strong enough to save me could not be roused or because they saw no profit in it.

When I left Briarpass, alone, embarking on a dangerous quest, I knew that I could not complete it on my own, that I could not triumph even with those few brave allies who would have gone with me. Those who could have made the difference, who could have achieved victory in this quest refused to help because I did not have enough money to pay them. I left, disheartened, but hoping to find more gallant, accomplished adventurers on my way who had not lost their sense of Goodness along their path to Power.

Instead I was captured and brought in chains to Timpani where I have been these past years. My time as a slave was not as horrible as it might have been. I spent much of the time unbound and reasonably well cared for. I oft times served as a handmaiden, and was sometimes kept as an exotic pet. I was lucky. Truly my time enslaved was enjoyable compared to those who laboured or who had cruel masters. Still when Regent Oren abolished slavery in Timpani, I felt that I was rightfully free. I tried & failed to escape, earning me a pair of bracelets with lock & key. Rather than release us, the slave owners in Timpani began issuing orders to caravan their property to a land more hospitable to their business. It was on this journey that I found a more successful opportunity to escape.

In full flight I arrived in Briarpass this past market day, slavers on my heels. It was good fortune that so many of my friends from years earlier were there to hide and protect me, a blessing that the noble-hearted Casan Moreaux and many others who had never set eyes upon me before were willing to come to my aid and defend my freedom. Were it not for all of you the slavers surely would have returned to their caravan with a bird in tow, rather than returning to their bosses empty handed.

I now find myself once again in Briarpass, glad to be free but also glad to be back. Selfishness & corruption may still be in evidence but in my short time back I have also seen good things & good people. I have seen sincerity, cooperation, & concern for others. I may have suffered death once again but was honored with a self-sacrificing, gentle resurrection that emboldened and lifted my spirit. I find my hope for the future of Wayside renewed.

There is a long battle ahead, but I intend to be a part of it. Thank you.

Kyrie,

It was nice meeting you and I hope that you and I can adventured together again. A friend of Marriel's is always a friend of mine. And even in these hard times, I can still offer assurance that I as an adventurer will do all that is in my power to protect those who fight with and beside me. You entered those ranks when I removed your chains. I'm really sorry about the ward.

May the clouds rolling in be your protection,

Eldandiril Zanabanath
Squire of Balance, Lightning

A friend o' Eldandiril's is usually a friend of mine, so you shall of course find abundant hospitality from my end, senora.

I am glad to have you back by my side in Briarpass, Kyrie. You're always welcome wherever I may be.

That goes out to Casan Moreaux as well. Between saving a good friend, and lending me an extremely useful sword, I do not wish to consider how this marketday would have been without your considerate help.

I am unsure of who else helped Kyrie regain her precious freedom, but thank you. It is an unbearable life, nay it is no life at all, without one's freedom. Hm, look at me, waxing on like some MWE. Heretofore let it be known, if any slave runs this way to runaway they shall have my protection. No questions asked.

Millie

D'ose of us who worn de chain befo', we stick togethah. Ah'm not sayin' ah saw nothin' what happen to d'ose poor fellows what was lookin' for her, nor am ah sayin' ah had a hand innit, but ain't it a shame?

Tsk Tsk, folk need be mo' careful when dey be chasin' slaves. It's a dangerous worl' out d'ere.

~Raif

Kyrie,

Your story saddens me deeply, yet it also furthers my faith in the changing ways that are taking place in Wayside. We did not speak much, however I would like ask you to join me next time that we are both in Wayside together to meet each other properly, over a glass or pint of whatever you wish.

I look forward to seeing you again, especially if you are as true of heart as you, and our friends, have eluded to.

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Standard Bearer to the Order of the Earthen Fist.
Squire of Balance, Stone.

Slavers and Masters are only good for picking your teeth clean. I too was a slave, my master refused to feed me enough so that my tenacious appetite would focus me more on guarding his home and his property. Some say he treated me well, and he did agree till he and I "talked" over what we view is well. Soon all slavers will learn their place in this world.

Tyrin

Kyrie and Millie,

Many thanks for your kind words, I am glad to have been of help. The vampire has aparrently threatened to kill children if I return. I would appreciate any further information on that threat, if it exists. Pigeons sent through the mists can find me at andaryth@gmail.com

Casan Moreaux
Order of the Emerald Flame

Kyrie,

I am glad you're back. You and I... we have some discussions in order -- mostly about Wintry Fae Lords, but other stuff as well. I am so, so sorry that I was not there to save you yet -another- ressurection. I am extremely happy, however, that your spirit has proven to be strong once again. Dragon willing -- it will never have to prove so again for some time.

Casan,

Many thanks for rolling that weakling vampire out like a cheap rug. I heard it was a sight. I am indeed sorry I missed it. I wouldn't worry too much about his threats. He makes a lot of them. In fact, I think he's been threatening to kill me personally for some time... yet, here I am. I will, however, keep a close eye on the children of Briarpass and Wayside beyond as best I can. I tend to see most of them on their way to and from Dramthin's school -- and I'm sure Dramthin keeps decent tabs on attendence, so if any go "missing" he and I can let you know.

Come back and visit again. Vampire threats aside, you are an intelligent and wise Elf, and frankly we can always use more of those. Dramthin gets bored being the only one. ;)

Wow Elysia that hurts. I never viewed myself as a below average elf and enjoy having long debates and philosophical discussions with Dramthin about Earth versus Undead. Sadly though I didn't get a real chance to speak to Casan either, however going to underwater temples, trekking through the desert to a lost empire, walking deep into the woods for a Death tree, and running around as we are swarmed with disease ridden spiders I really didn't have the time. I did see the fight between Casan and Targasion, I was extremely impressed by Casan's resilience and ferocious style as he had Targasion wheeling back trying to find a place to land a strike. When it was all over Casan barely lost breath let alone break a real sweat.

Casan I look forward to talking to you. and Elysia >P :D

Back