Labor Day Weekend Event Favorite Moments!

Yeah, who was leading that again ? :p
Yeah my bad, next time I'll make sure to mention that we should withdraw in an orderly fashion and not just run away like crazy people.

In medieval and ancient times, more people would die during a rout or an unorganized retreat than during the battle itself and you can see why.

Okay, let's do this, in no particular order
  • Beginning to form a new player group, and getting to know Morriden and Tadeusz a bit better.
  • Roleplaying the effects of Khyriel's celestial mark and seeing the different reactions that people had.
  • Playing "debilitate the bodyguard so I can murder your boss" with @beboped and @Amber-Rose.
  • Chatting with Disease. Always entertaining and highly recommended. Never results in you accidentally giving away information you didn't mean to. Nope. =|
  • The absolute madness of being reverse life forced in the second Sunday night battle, and then getting hit with euphoria later on. Pretending to be corrupted not once, but twice. Nearly enslaving a spectral vulture with a bane (it's okay, vultures aren't really people :p). Putting the NPCs on the other foot for the "no effect, no effect, no effect" game. And then ultimately being done in thanks to the Wisps, of all things. :rolleyes:
  • Drain being left without a comeback, for once.
  • Óle telling exactly the resurrection story that Khyriel's bitter and traumatized spirit needed to hear.
  • Every conversation with Leuta about trauma and the differences between acknowledging your mistakes and becoming consumed by them. She is another one of the central poles that continues to anchor and shelter Khyriel from the storm of his own self-destructive impulses.
  • Khyriel's continued work to try to make amends with Bart. The weirdness of discovering that General Liam, the very man who executed Khyriel for his crimes in the fae abduction of the stone caste, treats Khyriel with dignity, and perhaps even respect.
  • Leading the guard of the gift of life ritual for Ser Panda. Eviscerating @Brandoch Daha's popper with extreme prejudice. ;)
  • The judgements for Shin and Morriden. Starting to feel a little leery about the single mindedness of some people in the adventuring community.
  • Awkwardly realizing that Khyriel had offered consolation to Morriden similar to the way that several others had offered to Khyriel, which was something Khyriel was never quite comfortable with receiving.
  • Later meeting Shin personally for the first time and finding out there's much more to him than just "the man who let Wither go." The conversation that ensued about why Khyriel was a biata with a celestial mark. The odd sense of kinship that he never expected to feel there.
  • Khyriel's heart breaking when Hava told him about the stone caste therapy she'd done.
  • Soli's first ritual, to remove the mark of the Queen of Nightmares from Khyriel. I seriously loved the way @Ellie incorporated chimes into her ritual. It was very trance inducing, peaceful, and cathartic.
  • Getting into popper shenanigans myself while Khyriel was...occupied. Bantering with @Amber-Rose's popper and trying to lure the PCs to join Disease's forces with the promise of "deathcare benefits."
  • And the real favorite moments are every time someone supported and looked out for me when things got rough OOG at this event. Y'all are part of what makes this community so important to me.

Last edited:
The whole long weekend was wonderful. Here are my highlights.
1. The graduation ceremony for Soli Bluemoon. I could not be more proud of her.
2. Talking with Mortikai. Always a delight.
3. Doing therapy with the Stone Caste refugees was so good. We were able to go pretty deep. I loved the rp with all of them.
4.The Sunday night ritual and fight was fantastic. Disease was a terrific pain in the ***.
5. People utilized Triage as it was designed. Interestingly, we used no healing potions. We had enough mana to handle the wounded. The enhancements and protectives were depleted. Triage could use donations of those kinds of potions and of course, coin to buy more. Working Triage with Scarlett and Damian was great.
6. For me, Mandara Bola died twice. Once when I heard he had died. I was in the tavern at the time. I felt so wrecked and I didn't think that it could be worse. Then...I had no idea that a dragon could go through the circle. I had hope in my heart as he underwent resurrection. When he refused, my heart broke. It was good that I did not have to cry alone. These kinds of things are very real to me. I will always miss my friend.
7.Talking with my "fan club".
8. Soli's ritual with Corin.
9. Doing Soli's very first resurrection.
10. Getting play with Little again. I missed you.
11. Soli and the bloody horn.
Thank you all for a fantastic ending of this story arc. Looking forward to what comes next as we go home to Foxbridge.

Back