Latex Longsword

Zihr

Artisan
I'm considering purchasing a latex longsword - any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you :)

~Brad K (Zihr of House Husky)

I personally love the one I was using (rapier style blade), which was crafted by Dara and Bill from Gargoyle Forge. If you check their page they have other styles of swords, maces and axes as well. Worth the money(less expensive than other retailers) and they are light.

https://www.facebook.com/GargoyleForge/

They play in Chicago, but if they have stock of what you want I can pick it up down there or one of the other folks who are going to their May event can do; can then deliver at the May SoMN game.

I quite like my Calimacil sabre bladed longsword, but I don't use it in the winters because the foam they use tends to be a bit stiff when in sub-freezing temps for any extended period of time.

Gargoyle Forge does great work (they recently made an 8' tall light-up Funko-style Hulkbuster costume, look 'em up on Facebook) and they're good about custom orders.

There are also a lot of good options on sites like Dark Knight Armoury but the quality varies from brand to brand. Epic Armoury tends to be pretty good. Calimacil does excellent work, but you usually have to beat their weapons up a bit before they're soft enough for Alliance. If you see a brand and you're not sure about them, you can usually find some discussion of it by searching the brand name and either "Alliance" or "NERO", which is a similar game.

Back