LCO 20 Limit question.

Tantarus

Knight
So I want to know how the ARC rulling and Seattle and OR LCO limit interact.

Ruling is When a new batch is cast upon an item and is different in either the chapter database to which it will belong or its LCO/Restricted status, the new batch should generate a separate tag with the same physrep #. The existing tag stays the same. Until the LCO rituals wear off, the entire item should be considered LCO, though any individual chapter has the option of accepting only the Restricted batch and not the LCO batch (but they may not pick and choose specific rituals within a batch to accept). Thus, you run the risk of your entire item being rejected for having an LCO batch on it.

So... If I do 4 LCO Rits on my 11 Restricted Rit sword. Will it count as 4 LCO or 15 LCO rits? I am hoping that because it has 2 tags I submit the LCO tag in the LCO section and the Ristricted Tag for general magic items. Which to me is the intent of the rule to lower goddied items in the game. Of which most my sword would not be. But it is pretty unclear and I can see it going either way.

Tantarus said:
So I want to know how the ARC rulling and Seattle and OR LCO limit interact.

Ruling is When a new batch is cast upon an item and is different in either the chapter database to which it will belong or its LCO/Restricted status, the new batch should generate a separate tag with the same physrep #. The existing tag stays the same. Until the LCO rituals wear off, the entire item should be considered LCO, though any individual chapter has the option of accepting only the Restricted batch and not the LCO batch (but they may not pick and choose specific rituals within a batch to accept). Thus, you run the risk of your entire item being rejected for having an LCO batch on it.

So... If I do 4 LCO Rits on my 11 Restricted Rit sword. Will it count as 4 LCO or 15 LCO rits? I am hoping that because it has 2 tags I submit the LCO tag in the LCO section and the Ristricted Tag for general magic items. Which to me is the intent of the rule to lower goddied items in the game. Of which most my sword would not be. But it is pretty unclear and I can see it going either way.

It would count as 4 LCO rits, but for transferability purposes all tags for a physrep must be submitted (i.e. you can't just show the "restricted" tag to another chapter which doesn't accept LCO items, you always have to show all tags that are on a particular item).

So, LCO means literally Local Chapter Only. It's a designation of something that is not designed to be viable throughout the national level of Alliance. There are LCO rituals, purchased with Goblin Stamps, which was the basis of the original post. These are standard ritual effects, but are not produced through the normal treasure policy system. Therefore other chapters may put limits in place for whether these LCO rituals are able to travel to their chapter. Then there are LCO effects. These are effects that are not in the rulebook, and only take effect in the chapter in question. For example, there is no effect called Corruption in the Alliance manual. If Alliance Seattle created such an effect it would be LCO - has a specific effect in Seattle, and does not travel the mists to other chapters unless they agree.

LCO items, such as you are describing, are non-standard items that a chapter has decided to create/allow players to create with the production system. They do not go to other chapters unless that other chapter agrees. For example, if a chapter wanted Alchemy to have "Death Gas Poison" as available, it would have to be LCO as this isn't something that can be made with Alchemy normally. At this time Alliance Seattle does not have any player creatable LCO production items. If there is something that you would like to be able to create with blacksmithing that isn't available to be made with the national system you can create an LCO proposal to have it available in the chapter. Be warned, this is not a fast process! It's faster than a national level change, but realistically it would require the plot team, head of rules, and more than likely the general manager and owner to agree to adding the item to the production list, and your original proposal may be changed during that process to ensure it works fairly throughout the entire chapter. As of this moment I don't know of any desire to add LCO production items to our game from the plot team, but if you do have a proposal, you can always create one. If it looks like something that will add to our game, without interfering with the national rules, we'll give it a look and start discussing.

There is also another possibility. You can make items that don't have game effects (aren't armor/weapons/strengthening/silvering) but have value by providing the physical item, and spending in game coin at logistics to give it a tag worth the amount of coin you spend on it. So if you wanted to make iron candleholders that are worth 5 copper a piece you could spend 5 copper per tag to make them. However, to reduce the strain on our logistics team I would ask that you let them know the number of said items and their price well in advance of a game, more than three weeks in advance really. The closer a given game is, the busier staff become with ensuring the game runs smoothly. The less disruptive during this time frame, the better.

It would count as 4 LCO rits, but for transferability purposes all tags for a physrep must be submitted (i.e. you can't just show the "restricted" tag to another chapter which doesn't accept LCO items, you always have to show all tags that are on a particular item).

Would it? Because while that ruling makes sense, the tag shows whether the item in question is LCO or not, not the individual rits.

So you could have a 20 Rit LCO sword, and claim 18 of the Rits are Restricted, but really, there's no way to accurately represent that other than with previous tags.

It's my understanding a magic item has a single tag, not multiple tags, so if I'm wrong, please say so.

Would it? Because while that ruling makes sense, the tag shows whether the item in question is LCO or not, not the individual rits.

So you could have a 20 Rit LCO sword, and claim 18 of the Rits are Restricted, but really, there's no way to accurately represent that other than with previous tags.

It's my understanding a magic item has a single tag, not multiple tags, so if I'm wrong, please say so.

See ARC clarification here: http://www.alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/lco-and-restricted-rituals-on-the-same-item.16146/

Back