LCO Crafting Abilities

Ken

Artisan
As mentioned in the in-game forums, some tomes with new LCO abilities exist in-game.

The tomes grant abilities up to your applicable skill level after reading them for 10 minutes. There is currently no special battleboard annotation or tag associated with having these abilities, so honor system applies. There are a few calls that you might hear people with these abilities make. Don't make them if you don't have the abilities. In case you're curious about the calls:
  • Check Quality: This is basically Healing Arts for Blacksmiths, and lets them ask how many Armor Points you are down.
  • Gather Herbs/Metal/Wood, called while searching some monsters. May also be referenced on blue cards.
Most of the other abilities either do not require specific in-combat calls or use calls for normal abilities that might not be on the character's battleboard (or even be legal for that character to buy).

This is apparently still undergoing a lot of revisions, so expect things to change.

FAQ
  • Q: Are you involved in this? Can I complain about this to you?
  • A: No, I'm just reporting about it (and am a crafting marshal). Comments or complaints should go to plot/owner, though I can pass stuff along I guess? Maybe reply to this thread?
  • Q: Is this related to the Crafting Committee's proposal somehow?
  • A: I do not believe so, but I haven't seen it.
  • Q: Will the rules marshal running my mod know about these abilities?
  • A: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Q: What do journeyman specializations / master paths do?
  • A: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ask again later, that part hasn't been written yet

• Q: Is this related to the Crafting Committee's proposal somehow?
  • A: I do not believe so, but I haven't seen it.

Based on what's linked in the in game document, no, this is unrelated.

Ken, love the FAQ! Very good humor. :)

May I suggest the amendment of "Armor Check Quality" or "Check Armor Quality" for clarity, just to cut down on the anticipated number of, "What does that do?"s in response.

I LURVITY LURVE both these additions to our LCO crafting system!

Trace

Ken, love the FAQ! Very good humor. :)

May I suggest the amendment of "Armor Check Quality" or "Check Armor Quality" for clarity, just to cut down on the anticipated number of, "What does that do?"s in response.

I LURVITY LURVE both these additions to our LCO crafting system!

Trace

The ability doesn't really spell it out, but I think it's meant to be used like Healing Arts. "Check Quality, how many armor points are you down?" or "Check Quality, is your armor shattered?" (which may become relevant once we find the plans for the repair kit...)

Back