Leadership

All-

Some significant discussion was had Saturday night on the topic of town leadership and organization. I am interested in continuing this discussion, either in the dream realm or in person if that is more convenient. Although I only came to your area for the first time this gathering, I have experience that I am willing to offer in the dialogue. But if you would prefer to discuss the matter with more long-standing members of town only, I understand that as well. One way or another, I will plan to see many of you again in February, and likely thoughout most of the gatherings of next year.

Travel safely.

Stremthi Wayfound
Lost Wonders Trading Company

I think I would rather talk about the fact that most of the people who were for a new leadership gathered around the lich when he crumbled, yet not one of them walked away with a single coin from his remains. Im glad to see they can boast a good show when its for something they want, weather it be treasure or a new leader, but when it comes to giving up something that everyone had a hand in, its theres for the taking.I hope you can hide yourself well, whomever you may be, for the stars wont lie to me when I gaze for you among them.

Kristian Ranaufit
Ordo Tempestus
Seer

Kristian is not pointing fingers at anyone in specific (not yet, at least). The point he is trying to make, however, is that the creation of a town coffer is needed more than ever, with the celestial brood/lich being a prime example. The creature was felled by the town, and from what I heard, the town received no reward. I saw people take treasure from the remains of the other two brood, so I think it only logical to assume the construct had treasure of some sort, as well.

This treasure that is for the town is not to be spent fruitlessly, but in the hopes of equipping the town with the necessary tools it needs to deal with any situation it's presented. For example, there was a Lich this past weekend who was crumbled multiple times (the old Stone Elf Magistrate), and his spirit bottle was destroyed. The scroll with which to do so came from the personal inventory of Ordo Tempestus, and the components came from myself, Durk, and Kale, and as of yet, we have yet to be compensated. I'm am not asking for a handout, but simply pointing out that with a town coffer, the need to ask groups to pull from their personal funds without any promise of repayment will be nullified.

Instead, we can go to the town coffer which will hold multiple ritual scrolls, components, and potions to aid during a town-wide problem like those we had this past weekend. Thanks largely to myself and Durk, Horis (who you call Shenanigans) will most likely be able to provide us with those scrolls by the next gathering. We (the town) can't afford to be having people stealing treasure at a time when it's most vital. The birthing pains of a budding town are long and trying, but if people are actually willing to look past their own wants and needs, they'll find that a safe, equipped town can provide them with more than their petty money-grubbing ways ever have.

I believe Durk plans on speaking more on this topic at the first gathering, and will most likely be addressing the questions of town leadership, as well. I know the conversation Devlin and Shadow began went poorly (and for good reason), but everything will be talked about and worked out by the end of the next gathering.

A. Runebeard
Ordo Tempestus

Runebeard, for what its worth I saw the Celestial Litch when it finally was turned to dust and I did not see anything gathered from its remains. But all your points stand nonetheless.

May the stars shine on your paths,
-Mage Eldarion Avari

Seeing How it was that ran the celestial lich clean through, to cause his body to turn to ash. I think I would had noticed if something dropped. But then again, I was in full blood lust, and only glanced at the crumbs as I turned to engage the other opponents. So as far as I could tell it didn't have a ting. I went back later, and saw runebeard searching, the ground and it was funny. We both asked about the treasure of the celestial lich at the same time. So we either all got snaked, or it just didn't have anything. but I have seen many a good towns destroyed by "treasure" disputes. lets not go the way of the carzy people.

Yonkie

Back