Leather Armour Thickness

So I'm making leather armor for my dwarven scout for the new Denver chapter and was wondering, if I riveted two peices of thinner leather together so that it is the thickness of 10 oz leather would it count as 2 point leather rather than 1? Thanks for the help.

How thick is your leather Kakita? Generally the cheapest way to get 10 oz leather is to go to Tandy Leather when they have their shoulder sales and pick up the thickest shoulders they have.

Hey Kakita!
Thanks for the question. As per the rule book on page 77, under "heavy non-metallic armor" for leather 10 oz. or heavier, 2 location points are awarded. :)
So yes!

Jesse

The leather I'm using for my bracers and greaves is about 4-5 oz, the leather I'm using for the chest, back and shoulders is 10 oz. hope to have it done by 1st game.

Speaking of armor questions, I am debating buying a suit of micromesh chainmail. I'd like to weight the OOG cost and inconvenience of wearing any armor phys. rep. at all against the value of the IG armor protection.

Micromesh chain shirts have what I'd call in fashion "cap" sleeves -- they barely roll over the round of the shoulder, and don't cover much of the upper arms. They're small gauge, real metal, and they look cool. Based on that, how many armor points would a micromesh chain shirt be worth by itself, assuming no coverage elsewhere on the body?

Thanks,
Trace

Chain of that size would get 2 points per location. However, according to page 77, belly chest and back multiply that by 2 so:

4 for belly
4 for chest
4 for back

In genre can give 1-2
Master crafted can give 1-4

So you can maybe get 18 out of this suit. Well worth it imo.

Up to 18 is a suggestion I like! When I was adding this up, I feared it might be as low as 8, which just didn't seem worth the expense and hassle.

Thanks for the fast response, Jesse!

Trace

Back