Leaving for Calenheim(Open, Attn: Derya, Garnett, Kamari)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Looking around his small cabin Crow cinched the drawstrings on his travelling bag, with one final gaze to make sure he'd not forgotten anything he headed out the door gripping his staff on the way. The sun was bright in the sky with intermittent clouds passing over it, while others were saying that the air was getting more and more brisk Crow was only getting more and more comfortable with it.

Crow was looking forward to getting to know his new found friends on the road to Calenheim, he was more then a little excited to be travelling with Derya, though if anyone confronted him on the matter he'd make sure to break his staff on them.

He hefted his rucksack onto his shoulder as he bounced down the steps of his cabin, and made his way to the commons looking for Garnett and his horses, or any of his party waiting.

Re: Leaving for Calenheim(Open, Attn: Derya, Garnett, Kamari

Derya sat on one of the tables just outside the tavern, her small bundle of belongings alongside. Her lips were pursed tightly, her painted eyes narrowed as she stared down the road. Travel wasn't something that bothered her but horses were. What need had a sailor for horses? A mount that was less reliable than the waves..that could bloody well bite you. Garnett had better have a good reason for dragging her along on this trip.
The young Elven woman's thoughts drifted to the events of the past few days. There had been much excitement, new friendships tentatively made, older friendships slipping off, rivalries, violence, laughter and even tears. She had slipped away on the Saturday night to rest under a moon which was the only part of the sky that seemed to sit where it belonged. She had taken time to gather her thoughts, her emotions, the terrible constriction in her chest and the sudden homesickness that she had known little of in the past ten years. Things were changing for her and the Valdenhold was finding that she missed the days of lounging in the bed of some man or woman she'd met in port, racing out half-naked as she realized she was late for duty. The days where her largest concern had been that she might need to retie a knot or two. She missed them but she was also ready to embrace this new, more complicated life. She was ready to finally be an adult.
Her thoughts were broken as she heard approaching feet and she glanced over her shoulder to see Crow. A slight flutter touched her stomach but her grin was casual. "Crow. Seems we're both a bit early, you and I."

Grunting as he approaches the familiar voice, "I could hear you jingling all the way from my cabin with those jingling belts, while they're an amusing trinket in town, you may want to be careful on the road, they may attract bandits."

Hefting his bag from his shoulder onto the table opposite Derya, Crow non-chalantly plunks himself down beside it, still opposite Derya, "Though you're right, we most certainly are early, I have yet to hear or smell the horses. What do you make of this Garnett so far?"

Grinning at the advice, advice she'd heard from many mouths in her handful of decades, Derya simply nodded. "That pretty jingle jangle. We'd hate to be held up on the road, certainly."

She stood then, adjusting her brocaded coat so that she may untie the coin-studded belt that had become something of an insignia for her in Parson's Breach. Not a day went by without someone mentioning her particular jingle. It was becoming a point of amusement for her, a point of pride. She'd even considered becoming louder, seeing how much she could tinkle musically in a battle or in a queue or as she bowed to this, that and the other. The musical archer, or some other ridiculous title would follow her as she became sung about...her attention suddenly snapped back to the present.

"Quill? He's...He's a good man. Sometimes a confusing, self-encompassed, blind man, but then what man isn't at times?" She paused, considering the question. "He can be presumptuous and he is very young, especially in spirit. He talks much and listens little and is ill-suited to leadership but seems to aspire for it. He may well grow into the role but he is not there yet. He needs to learn to listen better and not just to words but to meaning. He needs to realize that others around him have experience and knowledge and wits. Do I call him a friend? Yes. Do I trust his intentions? Yes. Would I call him my Captain? No." She sighed softly as she spoke all of this.

Garnett had been one of the few people that she got to know quickly in this land, quickly but not well. She knew some of him but he knew very little of her. He had pointed it out a couple of nights back and she had not bothered to try to mend that. Hers wasn't a mysterious past rife with magics and curses and lost memory. Hers was, indeed, a very mundane past. But it was intimate. It was hers. She was loathe to allow anyone too near yet. Loathe to become attached. She was sure it was the homesickness causing her to latch on to those around her, but she couldn't afford that. Not yet. She did not know these people and they did not know her and the need to be immersed, to accept them as crew and family, while strong, would only lead to sorrow.

Nodding at Derya's words Crow gets silent for a long few moments as he looks around the breach. Considering his thoughts, he adjusts his staff before he speaks.

"I think I may head off myself, I'm not particularly sure what I'm looking for or expecting. But it may be safer on the road if I'm alone. Take care Derya"

With that the short, portly man hops off the table and grunts as he shoulders his bag, and begins walking the road beside the tavern on the way out of Parson's Breach.

Derya watched Crow as he left, a slight twinge of regret touching her before she hopped up from her own seat. "Tides be with you, Crow," she called before heading back to her cabin to put her belongings away. There was business to attend to and she hadn't wanted to go on this journey anyway.

[Edit]

Garnett himself exits the tavern, his rucksack on his back with the things for the journey. his horse Condor had been near the circle of power a bit out of sight and he turned around through the benches to him. Leading him back to the road, he looked to Derya and tilted his head. "Afternoon Derya, hope your afternoon goes well!" His tone indicated that likely demand got misworded when it reached her, as it was reflection of someone simply confirming if she refused an invitation to help out. With that he peered down the road and saddled up, moving to a well-sat trot to catch up to Crow. "Hail Crow! I have not seen Kamari, will she be joining us later?"

((Technically Derya's already back in her cabin, writing letters. I've opened a different thread for it.))

OOG: Moved to PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back