[.11] Life Leech testing

Tantarus

Knight
For reference:

Life Leech (Necromancy, Item [Weapon], Daily) - A character with a Life Leech Ritual may choose to activate it on a single weapon blow (once per Logistics period per charge) to siphon foul energies from their opponent's wounds. The Ritual may be activated immediately after a single damaging attack made with the Weapon qualifier which strikes the Target and is not prevented or altered via a defensive call. When activated, the wielder will regain Body Points equal to the damage called in the attack. The wielder may not go over their normal Body Point maximum. This Ritual may be used in conjunction with an Eviscerate or Terminate delivered via the Weapon qualifier. In this case, the user will regain 200 Body Points. The character need not make any verbal declaration that they are utilizing this Ritual.

Can this ritual be made not Necromancy for the play test? Cause like I want to test it out, but... I also would not like to be executed over it. It makes it kinda hard to test when there is great risk involved in doing so. Or maybe that is how you want it. But seems like you will not get alot of feedback on it if so.

You could always do an NPC shift?

Or don't be a coward and just go for it, Sir Tantarus. :| :| :|

(thisstatementinnowaycondonesorsupportsingametheuseofsupercoolnecromanticeffectsanddoesnotrepresentanyingameopinionstoexecutemeovereither)

Doing something as an NPC is alot different then as a PC, you dont have to hide it, or see the value of it it over the course of the day.

The idea of the playtest is to test how something would impact the hypothetical new environment. The use of necromancy would result in exactly what it should result in. Making it non-necromancy for the playtest would only skew the purpose of the playtest.

If you want to test it.....test it.

If you think it's not worth the risk, it probably isn't.

Sure but what if everyone decides not to test it. And it gets no testing.... I get the arguement for leaving it nerco. But It could result in no or little data.

Maybe someone should play a throwaway Character to test how easy it is to get away with using it.

Schmantarus Schmandrada, the human fighter...

Human? No no, he needs to be a different race or he won't get away with it, obviously.

Yeah, but he just needs to shave to be human for a few hours...

I think a lot of value would go into the ritual if it could spell store or transfer the healing. This also adds a healing call back into the system (example: you deal 200 damage with life steal. In the next 10 minutes you can call "activate X magic healing" once, where X<=200)

As it stands it's probably a lot worse than the 3s smith ritual.

I dont think so. Many people dont wear real armor. For a fighter around 40th level this is 90 points of instant free healing. That can be repeated. It seems super strong for high level fighters to turn slays/evis in to full heals on the field.

Sounds like Tantarus is probably a future necromancer.

Back