Listen up, Meat-shields!

p.richard

Scholar
Friends and Meatshields,

Thousand Bones has been gone for a while. Almost a full season. Bones knows... he isn't a good ally with him missing since the last huge gathering. But Bones has honorable reasons! I will share with you the visions, actions and the conversations I have been having for the past 8 weeks. Eh, I will use my own words... Prepare yourselves... this dream will allow you to see in an Orc's mind. Scary thought isn't it...? Ha ha ha ha!

------
You see the vision as if Bones is experiencing it. You sense his fierce pride and the wounds that are healing all over his body. You feel his mirth as he views each and everyone of the refugees that walk in and out of town. Bones scans the bodies of these weak and pitiful fools who have no homes and nothing of their own. He smirks and lets out a laugh, thinking to himself (And you those looking through his eyes in this vision): "Stupid Fools. You are weak. But Bones will teach you."

Shrugging, Bones decides that he will teach the people the orcish method of fighting. He looks around and finds a slip of a girl. "She can't be more than two... wait... she is human... sixteen years of age?" Bones mutters to himself. Bones walks over to her and places a sword into her hand. She looks up to the Orc with confusion and fear. "Defend yourself, whelp!" Bones yells and swings his sword. She screams and barely puts the sword up to block the weapon blow. She lets out a little yelp as she twists her hand in pain.

A look of respectful surprise crosses the Orcs face. "Come on, runt! You can do better than that!" With that she growls and lunges, the point of her blade easily deflected. “Yeah, that’s it! Come on!”

As Bones begins to teach the girl the basics of combat, rapping her hands, arms and legs with the flat of the blade whenever she leaves and opening, the Orc looks around and notices that a large section of the refugees are watching intently. When she is too exhausted to raise her blade Bones leans in. “Sword is yours. I’ll be back tomorrow.”

Standing up straight Bones scans the crowd again. “Thousand Bones will teach the first person to swing at me when he is here.”
----------
The next couple of weeks it goes about the same, Elves, Hoblings, Humans, Dwarves, Dark Elves, even a Sarr come by and the first person to swing at Bones, he trains by fighting them. They’re young and old, but they all have some sort of fight in them and they show it. Bones thinks to himself that tactics can wait... what these folks need to know how to put the pointy end in the bad guy first.
-----------
A month later Bones has a platoon of dirty, rag wearing, point pokers. It’s no army by any means, but they have flint in their eyes and aren’t about to let anyone take the streets they call home without a fight. They’re all armed, if not armored, and ready to defend homes if it comes to that.
----------
You see Bones travel to the Tranquil Plains which is mostly filled with quenching his blade upon the lives of many of the more feral goblins, and when he arrives at the farms of the Silvermaw his is exhausted. Shaman Lora invites you in to tea. You feel Bones shrug as he watches a youngling orc who is given two potions. Lora instructs Bones to remove his armor and she does the same, wearing just simple robes. She then places two daggers on the table, and nods to Bones to pick it up. When he does she dives over the table and the two of them are slashing furiously at each other until they drop from the wounds. You feel Bones laughing as he is bleeding out. Happiness, contentment, joy and anger all swimming in his head and heart. When he awakens to the youngling pouring the potion down his throat Bones notices that Lora has re-donned her armor.

“Now we speak in peace and tranquility until the tea is gone.” Bones grins, and while sipping the tea provided Bones mentions an ancient prophecy of his people. <The exact prophecy is muted from the vision.> She thinks and rubs her chin. After listening, Lora nods and speaks calmly. “This is but one step on a long journey, Thousand Bones. I know not who this <name muted from the vision> is, but the Legion, at best, may be his living army. You have many fights ahead of you Lich Butcher, so it is a good day.”

The rest of the visit with the Silvermaw goes well and you watch as Bones goes on many raids against the Legion. With each one though Shaman Lora becomes more and more concerned.

<Bones makes the last part of the vision burn into your memories...>

“Their number grows." Lora says, "They are angered that this city in the heart of the plains has not fallen.” She sighs after a particularly harrowing fight where two of the hunting party did not come back, instead skewered upon feral claws and drug off. “We will teach all who can come to us, refugees or however is worthy, but we cannot protect all of the city alone. The city-folk MUST start striking at them, hurting them. If they do not, then this is all for not. Take that message back to the people of houses.”
--------------

That is all. I have shared with you my experiences these past 8 weeks. I will not be around until the snows of winter thaw. I have other matters to attend to with the Silvermaw. I will be speaking with the other Orc tribes and see how we can all work together to form a cohesive tactical unit. Please let Durnic, Shin, Ghost, Nova, Slice and anyone else of a warrior mind know this.

I do not know if Shaman Lora or the Silvermaw Chief will be coming to meet you this coming weekend. But if they do, show them the respect they deserve. They are warriors; proud and strong. They are the backbone of this continent and without them, the cities and countries would have fallen. Remember that when you deal with them.

I miss you all, my friends and meatshields. Please keep me updated with news of the town and of the goings on of the area. I will help however much I can. Also... the platoon I have trained... I will continue to train them. But know that they are mine and I will protect them with my life.

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye

Harkonian Slayer
Phoenix Foe
The Lich Butcher
Executioner of the Heart Drinker
Defiler of Echoes
The Goblin Cleaver
Elemental Bane
Alliance Maker
Duke of the Silvermaw

Thousand Bones that is a great and heavy vision. I look forward to seeing you when you return. If any of your fellow Orcs or friends need gear I will be glad to take care of them for free. Same for yourself.

Fargal Farcliff
Ayun Arms and Armory

Back