Looking for a Ward?

Denise

Hello,

I know I offered quite a few wards to new adventurers last gather and cast several. This coming gather is quickly approaching and I would like to know who will need this assistance again.

To note: I only offer wards to those who are incapable of casting their own. I do not ward bunks, as I only offer this to protect groups as a whole. I do not exclude myself from any ward I cast.

Please let me know soon.

Your Friend,
Taliya

Taliya,

Let me know if you end up with more people who need wards than you would like to cast. I will make up any difference.

Kasuni

What she said. It's important that everybody who wants one has a safe place to stay.

While I do not, at this time, need a Ward, I am glad to see that these services are being offered.

Durnic

Thousand Bones and the Orcs of the Bleeding Eye no longer need puny Wards to protect us. We are strong and will scare away anyone or anything that wishes to kill us. And if you wish to steal from us... your lives will be forfeit. Orcs don't like underhanded cravens...

Thousand Bones of the Bleeding Eye

Thousand Bones,

It is my sincere hope that you do not mean to insult the generosity of those who offer magical security to those who wish it. I acknowledge the strength and bravery of your people, but there is no need to belittle those who might wish to accept the offer of protective magic.

-Arkelos Maelstrom

Bah! Belittle? Pffft! Bones is just saying he prefers the sounds of his enemies dying over the hum of a magical barrier.

Those who wish to stay behind a magical shield and not face their enemies on the field of battle... that is their business. Not mine. We all have our own paths.

Bones...

There is little bravery or honor in being slain in your sleep.

Perhaps, though I wonder why you view magic as a lesser implement. A warrior wields a sword and that is his weapon. A scholar wields the elements and that is likewise his weapon.

You would not use a hammer to cut a purse string, nor a dagger to pound a nail.

Each tool has its place, each weapon its role.

Untold many either choose to forego wards or live simple lives in which they do not require them for safety. Only those that have chosen a lifestyle rife with violence have need of being protected whilst they slumber.

Do not think to demean or speak down of the honor of others, lest your own be brought into question.

House Basil would happily accept a ward this gather. I will cheer on Bones and his brave Orc brethern from behind the safety of it.

Please see myself or Basil at the beginning of next gather to make arrangements and for payment.

~Bhaskara J Santori

Many who sleep behind wards end up facing the worst of foes. For those foes, a ward is a mild inconvenience. They can destroy or rift past one. Wards are more protection so ome can get a good nights sleep. Besides, wards do not protect you from traps.
-karzel

Many who sleep behind wards end up facing the worst of foes. For those foes, a ward is a mild inconvenience. They can destroy or rift past one. Wards are more protection so ome can get a good nights sleep. Besides, wards do not protect you from traps.
-karzel

Story of our lives...

Thousand Bones,

If your pride gets you killed, I will be displeased.

If your pride wake me up from a good sleep, I will be displeased.

I know where you sleep.

Get a Ward.

-Zeth

Bah. You are speak to me like I am a youngling. I know the benefits of a ward. And I choose to forgo them. I revel in the thrill of battle... even in my sleep.

Do not think I dislike you for using them. I do not. You are my meatshields and brothers in battle. You may use your tools as you see fit. I just like my cabins like I love my meat... raw and bloody.

... Wards are a tool to help, but can also be a crutch. You are both right in your own sense... I've been behind wards before, heavy medicated and drunk mind you... And have had to sleep underneath the porches of houses in order to sleep soundly... Relax and rest soundly however you please... Trust me in this...

Me think good say yes to gift of save life. If you no need, happy for you and life of safety. If you no like, have bad head thinking, like dancing on fire naked is not using armor in battle.

But if you like fire dance naked, battle no armor, no ward, I watch and smile.

Me, I try please thank you for ward, live to watch show.

Back