Looking for Assistance

Lurin

Duke
I'm tired of getting the run around by the Kings men, I don't care what operations they currently have going on they should be willing to spare a squad or two to help a merchant that has often provided them with their needs. Never the less, I find myself reduced to dealing with mercenaries and the even less reputable adventurer groups, my son Jorin has left to find his way against my wishes and has gone missing in the wilds of northeastern Roskaria, exploring some of the ruins that sit beneath the mountains of the area.

I have made arraignments on April the third to provide shelter and protection to any willing to take up the search for my son, or his spirit should the worst have happened. I will pay in gold, or trade goods for news of his situation or rescue by any group willing to assist.

Kirna Lightfoot,
Head of the Golden Wheels Merchants Guild of Gaden

If you have any interest in getting help from adventures you might do better by not calling us "the even less reputable" folks. When you want to ask people for help you'll probably do better by not insulting them at the same time. That aside I'm sure Forest's Edge will be more than happy to take a look for your missing son when we have a chance. I hope you find him one way or another.

Treasurer of Forests Edge
-Taloc

Kirna Lightfoot,
As much as I don't like your adventurer reference myself, I wish to change the way you think of us. I am willing to help. As I'm not a part of the others who help you, I'm not sure who will join me personally, but you have my assistance. I don't even ask for formal payment. I would only ask for a favorable trade agreement for myself with you.
Thanks for your time.
-Lok of Harbors Far

I will be keeping an eye on the King's men, as well as the forests. However, perhaps I will stumble upon the ruins your son has spoken of. Do you have any information as to their whereabouts? Also, what exactly was he looking for?

As the others have said, perhaps you would watch your words next time to not scare off the prideful ones. I understand your frustration, but calling those who only aim to help 'less reputable' would have one question their time or devotion to this cause.

-Roven, Haldaren

Kirna, I have told you time and time again, first, not to make enemies of the adventurers. Second, I've told you of their resourcefulness. Now, either I've gotten through your thick skull or you feel like you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Regardless, perhaps this endeavor can help change your minds. And, even though you still owe me for my last job, I'll send up a couple of my men to assist. I'll bill you later.

To the adventuring populous, take no offense to Kirna's words, please. I'm certain he must have been insulted by an "adventurer" at some point in time, or perhaps had mud splashed on him or something. He's an honest merchant, and his money is good, which is more than I can say for most of the would-be merchants who've been willing to travel to your area.

Corrigan Oakhurst
Commander, Whiteoak Mercenary Company

Corrigan,

I've told you before that I don't trust people without solid histories, so lets look at what I've learned about adventurers in the last year. First, theres a report that the old innkeeper of what is now the falcons roost was murdered in the night, and then forced to sell his tavern to the current owner through undue pressure employed through the celestial guild. Second we've recieve multiple reports of vigilanty actions, a gypsy traveler resurrected at the earth guild after being slain by a posse of local mystic wood elves. The local sherrif has never even made inquries, at least nothing on record, into either of these situations. Finally the local Journeyman Jivah Earnestwood is still awaiting trial for working with these people to plot a violation of the Respite and constant actvities to stir up the corrupt lines causing multiple increases in actvities over the last year.

So we've got a group that has made no effort to keep any real order other than through right of force, and you continue to harragle me to open trade lines to the area, what is to keep them from simply ceasing my goods? Its clear by their words that they feel I should come to THEM as a supplicant, begging for their assistance because of their exhaulted station as...what? Mistwalkers, people with no ties to our lands? Squatters taking over an area simply by presense and because the kings men are too busy to deal with a few troublemakers that will fall to the corrupt advance soon enough? I've got no reason to open trade in this area, and I can't recommend it to anyone I do business with, and of course would have to suspect anyone who disagrees with me to be a poor businessman and not worthy of my efforts.

Still if they want to show up with other mercanaries to find my son, the reward is not closed to them but don't expect me to have high hopes that they'll sacrifice mightily for my good.

As to Loks request, if you would prefer to have trade goods instead of direct coin and actually assist in this matter, that is an easy request to fulfill.

Kirna Lightfoot

Master Lightfoot,

I know you are a powerful man, but the adventurers here have done alot more local good then you'd think. It may not be big enough to make the papers, but they've solved alot of problems for us long term folks here. Theys some goods we could use up here and the supply trains we usually see have dried up. Even if you don't want to do business in the area, please loosen up on some of your partners, its become almost impossible to make deals for what we need around here in the last year.

- Hapen Julian
Quartermaster of the Hopes Reach militia

To all the good adventuring folk out there,

I know Kirnas is not a popular man in your parts, but when he decides to create a gathering it does draw in merchants from all corners, not all of us are willing to do whatever he says just to make a few coins. I myself will be at the gathering to sell, buy, and possibly take care of some local concerns and am hopeful I will find some folks willing to brave the area. I expect there will be other like minded folks there as well.

Beyond that his son is known to be at odds with his father on alot of subjects, including the ongoing discussion of the adventuring communitys and those that travel the mist. If for no other reason I wish many of you will come regardless for there is no reason the son should pay for the opinions of his father.

Kiyu Greensfield.

Kirna,

Myself and my companions would like to assist you in whatever way we can in the search for you lost son when we travel in that area next.

Wonko

I aint neva evan hearda Kirna till a few day ago, so he aint got no great, o bad, place im ma mind. He seem like lota folk I meet, fulla opinion an half truths with no reason tah figure out dha whole dhing. I not blame 'im for dhat really.

Yes from what I know dhere be an incident dhat happen with dhat innkeeper, I neva really able tah figure out what happen, cuz as soon as he sold dha inn he ran off before many could talk tah him. For one reason o another, I not know.

Dhat gypsy man, dhat a whole different issue. I not really sure what happen to him afta he went off down the path, but trus' me I rememba what he do when he was near dha tavern. Did he tell ya dha part bout where he had me an' a women of him own blood, a rom, charmed so dhat he could do who know what whit us? Neva got dha chance cuz dha deputy knocked him out long nuff for us to get back to our senses. Don't go dhink'n dhat it were a bad dhing dho, I myself, an otha's made sure dhat he were breathin an of him right mind when he walked off. But whit dha amount of mystic folk round when he be doing dhat, I know dhey were upset...and he neva even apologize fo him brash, subversive, an foolish actions. I will speak wit' dha Sheriff an see dhat dhere be an investigation, not for you sake, but because it be overlooked in dha heat of dha time.

Kirna I aint care bout you a bit, that cuz I aint neva met o hearda ya. But I will be dhere in dha few weeks, an I will do evradhing I can tah help find ya son, no reason a boy should EVA be lost on him own in some ol' runes before it be him time.

Hope I may am helped ya see little bit more bout some dhem situation you only hear half about, please don' make judgments based on dha talk round a pint whitout look'n a lil more deep into it. An I would like tah say dhat dha Prince bout a year back gave us dha ability tah stay an protect the ol' Fort Millar area when dha troops were jus havin tah pull back. We done as bes' we can, an let me tell ya, dhere woulda been a nice new town behind corrupt line if we hadn't.

Hengin
Elected Guardian of Hopes Reach, Free Beer City

Kirna Lightfoot! It is truely an honor to meet you, albeit through the dreamlands!

Please ignore the comments from the mud-dwelling barbarian, as anyone with half a mind surely knows of you and your legendary reputation!

I will personally see to it that no cost or effort is spared in the location and recovery of your son!

However, I have misplaced my manners. I am McGregor, an aspiring merchant, accomplished brewer, and proprietor of the Falcon's Roost in the area formerly known as Fort Miller. I hesitate to do a full and proper introduction due to the sometimes unreliable nature of the dreamlands, suffice it to say I come from a minor merchant family in Roskaria.

I must respectfully indicate that yes, it was I that purchased the inn you referenced, it was not under the strong-arm conditions that you mentioned. As you are aware, the region around the Inn is no longer patrolled by the Gaden Military, and during the time of the military pull-out there was a lot of confusion. Suffice it to say that the original owner left the area and never returned. As I saw the potential the business still had, I offered to purchse the property from him utilizing a neutral party, the celestial guild, that was able to reach the previous owner and present my terms. He could have rejected my offer, but he chose to accept.

Again, I will not go into more detail in the dreamlands, but am more that willing to speak with you on this matter in person.

In short, I look forward to meeting with you, as it is not every day one gets to meet a legend! I will see to it that everything possible is done to assist you.

Kind Regards,

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost

*snickers*

hahaha i guess those with half of mind can know of an entitled and disrespectful merchant. but those with a full mind need not worry about such trifles.

just a funny saying i remember from my old man. he used to tell me that just before i went to bed every night. i never really understood why.

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

i have already extended my the offer kirna. though it appears you have much more experienced adventurers ready to help you. i doubt i will be needed, but if I am let me know.

-lok of harbors far

Back