Looking for good makeup....

hey, just went through my first Alliance event, and I realized I need a much better type of make up and tusks for my high ogre. Any suggestions? Looking for good tusks that won't bruise my gums again, and makeup that won't run.

Thanks.
Joel Mathis

For makeup either Mehron or Ben Nye.

For the tusks all I know is friendly plastic, but I'm sure others will chime in on that one, as I've seen some folks with pretty spiffy tusks.

Maskworld.Com has some good tusks for sale.

I also like Mehron make-up. (Insert obligatory "See heavy make-up races in my sig" comment here.)

Joel,

Mehron Liquid Yellow makeup is the best imo (be warned it's so good you may look jaundiced for a day or so after the event lol). I recommend applying it with a natural sponge in dabbing motions for a clear finish heh. Also, please refer to this thread for tusk ideas viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1007.

I'd like to make a shameless plug for Mark aka markusdark (on these forums) who makes the awesome prosthetic depicted in that thread. I recently got one from him and it's effing sweet.

Hope this helps!

Justin Coggin

Ok so for a reasonable cost effective tusk ask mark aka markusdark he does some nice ones. I have a couple of his and like them I also use some foamish ones from screamteam (the bottom part of the Boaris device) which i really like but very pricey. for make up i tend to make my own blend using Ben Nye magicolor (or however its spelled) i use the yellow and mix in to darken it a tad. I have also used the Mehron stuff and it also works well. Think like most things its experimentation and personal preference

For the record, during some down time during the first week of June, I think I'm going to 'revamp' my tusk mold to make a smaller set that is a little more pointy but will have to be glued onto the face. Note that thanks to Tetsu, I have learned how to craft my current ones so that they are a little bit smaller and pointed, although they do have a much more defined 'seam' on the 'face side' of the teeth. I LOVE these big ones, especially for the ease of wearing them with just the elastic and can easily go over facial hair, but I have had a couple of people asking for the smaller ones and figured that it wouldn't be too much effort to make a new mold that small.

I was not criticizing your work mark, quite the opposite I like your stuff its really cool and will last and last and last. In fact it is the best option for most people who want to play an ogre/orc. perhaps my wording was not the best I was infact pointing him in your direction.

As far as the makeup running : Get Barrier Spray. Apply, let dry, apply pancake or liquid makeup, let dry, apply more barrier spray, let dry.

I've wandered around all event in the rain in the seven-color mess that is my fox scavvie without noticing any running after the sealant layer dries. :mrgreen:

Wraith said:
As far as the makeup running : Get Barrier Spray. Apply, let dry, apply pancake or liquid makeup, let dry, apply more barrier spray, let dry.

I've wandered around all event in the rain in the seven-color mess that is my fox scavvie without noticing any running after the sealant layer dries. :mrgreen:
yes definitly!

Back