Looking for LARP partners in CO

I don't really know where else to put this. I just joined the site to find someone, and this seemed to be the closest thing to a "find LARPers in your area" site. Onto my proposition.

I am a very, VERY flexible LARPer. I've done science fiction, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, and so much more. My main favorites are Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy of any sort, and anything with an Asian theme...I've got a few LARP throwing stars coming to me in the mail, actually.

I won't give out where I live or who I am, personal security forbids me from sharing so much. But I just want to meet someone who lives in Colorado, that I can chat with online for a little while until I decide "hey, let's meet up at this place, maybe larp a little".

I don't really care about how old or young you are, but my family will certainly find it odd to have me LARP with a person who is significantly older. My family barely lets me post an ad like this as it is. They worry for my security a lot, and while I appreciate it, I am left without many options to find other LARPers in my area. But I'm a smart person, and I believe I can handle things should they need to be handled.

So to sum it up, looking for a person into Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy and Asian styled LARPS most. But seeing how flexible I am, I can be pretty damn open to a lot of things.

Alliance is a medieval fantasy larp and I think we have a chapter in Colorado near Denver or Aurora. As for age expectations, well most of us are between 20 and 30 or so. Personally I'm 15 and I'm usually the youngest there. Look up 'Alliance larp Denver' and you should find your local chapters website. From there after a little hunting you'll be able to find the pdf rulebook and learn the logistics of the game. Hope to see you one day at a national event!

Happy goblin slaying!

Here's the thing, I don't want to do big scripted larps that I had no part in. If I am to partake in an ongoing story, I want to either be with someone that I can larp other things with, or with some group I can agree with in terms of lore stuff and things like that. I really just want a partner or two who I can do more than one rp with. :(

Ah, my condolences then. Unfortunately these are rather large with between 30 and 50 people attending an event. Though I do hope you'll reconsider. Feel free to message me should you have any questions.

Actually, reading into your lore, it looks fun now. I think it might even be better than what I had in mind. The Biata race is like me when I'm reading a book I like: Seemingly moody and a sick sense of humor. I think I'll get a costume and such together so I can make it to the next Denver thing, as well as read up on what I can about races and rules.

Good to see you change your mind like that. if you have any questions feel free to post them on the boards, every one here is really nice.

My only question so far is when is the next National Event thingy in Denver. :p

I am already planning a biata costume. Along with making a tidbit of a backstory.

I also recommend ya know, making a build. that whole throw spells or swinging a sword. It helps generally.

What do you recommend for a spiteful biata character with a tragic past? Thinking either a normal staff user (since they hate magic), or fist weapons. I've always been a fist weapon user.

Alliance LARP doesn't have fist weapons, for safety reasons.

It is highly recommended that you do two things before coming into game as a player character (and thus spending money on costuming, weaponry and paying to play the game itself): Read the rulebook thoroughly to get something of a handle on how the game plays, and NPC a game or two at your local chapter.

The NPCing thing really, really helps! It's free to play (or may require a nominal membership fee, usually around ten bucks), and it will let you try out all sorts of things before you make any sort of significant investment, as well as giving you practice with the rules so you aren't overwhelmed.

Your local chapter will also have information specifically about the Biata race as well as any other races you might be interested in playing. Have fun!

What he said.

Back