Looking for race change ritual scroll plus catalyst

Hello, friends!

I'm currently looking for the race change ritual scroll, as well as the catalyst for this ritual. I'm not sure what the catalyst is, so that information would be helpful. If you have either, or both, please contact me, Gilwing, or any member of Black Forest to discuss payment.

Thank you, and safe travels.

Perwin Poppinfresh

And what exactly is wrong with you Perwin that you need to change who you are?

Explain that.

Also so you know I havent SEEN a race change scroll in YEARS in Icenia.... Good luck to you finding one.

~Glorianna

Hmm.. Didn't that curious fellow throw a circle down in the Black stag and race change that Ravenkin fellow a few months back? I wonder where he got off to.

Perwin,

If I am not mistaken, Apprentice Ren and I may have collected Essence of a Will-O-Wisp last year while researching a new species for the Mages Guild. We gave our findings and collections to the Guildmaster for his research and he may still have them. I would suggest contacting him to find out for sure.

-Wizard Nathan Westwind
Apprentice, Fairdale Mages Guild

The essense that Wizard Nathan and I collected was from a new breed of whisp, which was dubbed a Glimmer Whisp. It would be unwise to substitute it for pure Will-of-Whisp essence when we still know so little about it. Especially in a ritual as complex as a Race Change.

Apprentice Ren Suzume
Mages Guild of Fairedale

Ren Suzume said:
The essense that Wizard Nathan and I collected was from a new breed of whisp, which was dubbed a Glimmer Whisp. It would be unwise to substitute it for pure Will-of-Whisp essence when we still know so little about it. Especially in a ritual as complex as a Race Change.

Apprentice Ren Suzume
Mages Guild of Fairedale

Ah, but the question then becomes, did the Glimmer Wisps leave behind their own essence or that of their Will-O wisp kin?

I am no expert in these matters by far, but it does not seem out of the realm of possability. The Guildmaster would be able to tell you for sure, or perhaps the guild has other Essences in it's stores that it would sell to Goodman Perwin.

-Wizard Nathan

AllianceNJ said:

Explain that.

Also so you know I havent SEEN a race change scroll in YEARS in Icenia.... Good luck to you finding one.

~Glorianna

I don't think anything is wrong with me, but I have thought about race changing into a hobling for a very long time. Since I met my first hobling as a child, in fact. I was always amazed by their race, especially when it comes to how well respected they are as businessmen. I used to even joke with Gadlen back in my early adventuring days about race changing into a hobling. He was so excited about the notion and thought I was a perfect fit. In fact, he even thought I was a hobling the first time we met! That was mainly due to my lack of a proper haircut, and my already large eyebrows. One look at my feet made him realize I was "just a human" as he put it.

Over five years ago I was at a crossroads in my life. Pursue The Code by continuing my training as a squire, or become Candyman's apprentice and master my family's art. I made my choice then. I became a real baker, thanks to Candyman. I believe race changing into a hobling will allow me to master the business end of baking.

Gadlen, if you're out there--I'm going to do it. I hope you would still find me a perfect fit, even if it's been many years since we last spoke.

Perwin Poppinfresh

Wizard Nathan,
You may have forgotten, but you harvested the essence directly from the body of the felled wisp. What we brought to the Guildmaster was a part of the Glimmer Wisp itself.
It is not probable that you would find the catalyst in the guild's stores. Since it was so recently established, its collection of ritual components is thin. I do not believe we have any catalysts available at this time.

Baker Perwin,
I have found hoblings to be excellent organizers and fastidious accountants. It seems that you have put a good deal of consideration into this life choice. May you find satisfaction on your path among your new people, whenever it is that you join them.

Apprentice Ren Suzume

Ren Suzume said:
Wizard Nathan,
You may have forgotten, but you harvested the essence directly from the body of the felled wisp. What we brought to the Guildmaster was a part of the Glimmer Wisp itself.
It is not probable that you would find the catalyst in the guild's stores. Since it was so recently established, its collection of ritual components is thin. I do not believe we have any catalysts available at this time.

I recall clearly. I am merely stating I am not convinced they left behind essences that were wholey different to that of a will-o wisp. If I am wrong, so be it, I was merely trying to help.

I'll stop cluttering up his request now and get back to my travels.

-Wizard Westwind.

AllianceNJ said:

Explain that.

~Glorianna

Change does not denote correction Glorianna.

You should have learned that from me by now.

One Shield; Meaningless Without All Others,
Riddick Dale
of
The Phalanx

Robb Graves said:
Ren Suzume said:
Wizard Nathan,

I recall clearly. I am merely stating I am not convinced they left behind essences that were wholey different to that of a will-o wisp. If I am wrong, so be it, I was merely trying to help.

I'll stop cluttering up his request now and get back to my travels.

-Wizard Westwind.

When it comes to ritual casting and mainly catalysts the need to be very spefic. I have seen many oak branches struck from the sky but not every one is of ritual quality. I am sure that Perwin does appericate your help Mr Westwind.

My dreaming brought me here. Whenever I find this place it is somewhere between waking and troubling dreams. In my dream I was still a chimp, and Issy and I were singing a song on her boat. A song about forever, but I can't remember the tune anymore. I dream about a lot of that sort of thing these days on the long road north.

Perwin, I don't know who you are - but I once met Candyman. He let me play some game with him called "Duck, duck, berzerk." I feel that you are calling out from Ashbury, and I hear the voices of Glori and Riddick as well - hi!

Not too many years ago there was a great auction held in Ashbury by Ulthoc for the componants and the scroll to make me Ansconi. My Oikos.. family.. bid for it, but I think we didn't have enough. I remember that Joshua was involved as well. It all worked out in the end. The Council of the Ansconi sent a strange horned woman with a fey mushroom for me some months later, and with that I was able to begin my transformation. My body changed right away. But the world.. it is so different now. I am starting to understand what a person could acomplish with a lifespan of thousands of years. I'm also starting to get an inkling as to what those thousands of years will be like... without her.

I'm sorry, I'm musing, my mind is wandering. I wanted to say that I never heard about the ritual being cast and you might be able to talk to Ulthoc about it. I hope that this has helped you change your outside to match your inside in some small way.

Riddick! If you can hear me give Kat my Love. And keep her safe.

I feel like I've slept too long. Too much wine and not enough song, I think. But it's only in dreams that I can still feel her hand in mine. Gotta get up, I've got a lot of miles to go before I can sleep again.

In Light, In Love,
Ryban Weatherlight

I will do this old friend.

I will see you again someday. Perhaps in a few thousand years.

Riddick

Thank you for your advice, Ryban. I have seen the ritual cast a number of times, but I know there are other ways to "change your outside to match your inside" as you put it. I will leave my options open, and seek out any that can assist me.

Safe travels,

Perwin Poppinfresh

Perwin,

I have heard good things about you though we have never met. I offer some advice from Ryban's tale- seek out a racial elder among Hoblings. We, Hoblings, are practical people and perhaps with money, trade or task he may grant you the racial transformation so you can become a Hobling. I hope to meet you one day- either way.

Muggins Letterby Stoutheart
Arkelian Hunt
"I'm covered in bees".

People have been telling me in public and private that seeking out racial elders is the best course of action. No one appears to have the ritual scroll. If they do, they are not selling it. So it would seem that seeking out the Hobling elders would be my best course of action. Would anyone be able to recommend a good place to start? I have been in Candyland so long, and all I have done since my return is work on opening my new bakery.

Thank you & safe travels,

Perwin Poppinfresh

If you are returning to Icenia then your best course of action would be to travel to Home, the home of Tar Navarian Hoblings. It is south of the Bay of Vacarra near the Sarr Kingdoms.

Back