Love the new coat...

i agree, lycanthropy sounds like its not very good at all
i had not even met johnathan before and yet he was wondering if he could control me by voice
if not for me reading about him in the shiny dreadfulls just a few moments before he came in the tavern, im not sure what would have happened

--maggie

Sunnfire said:
Lycanthropy of any kind bends your will to an 'Alpha' of your particular infection type.

I am not sure how or why you think that is Ok.

Johnathan is an Alpha, so his opinion that being a werewolf is all well and good is largely irrelevant.

I would enjoy hearing his opinion after a bigger wolf comes to play. Which I have seen happen to other pack Alphas.

What the #$%& its this ^&*#, saying that you can discount Old J's opinion on werewolferie just BECAUSE he is an Alpha, it's like saying, if some guy says 2+2=4 he only says that
BECAUSE he is a mathematician! So #$&*ing there.
PS I just dug 60 miles straight down, and found the roots of the great tree, and beer,and true love.
Pps #$%&!
Sconch

There there, Sconch.

This is what we're up against, and why we must never give up our quest for equal rights.

For the record:

Maggiepuppy, I don't know if I can control you. I don't plan on trying.

Squire, I practice "harm reduction" as far as cursed lycanthropes go. I don't support getting bit, but if you are going down that path, or have gone down it, there are smarter ways than others. I was born this way, and I've given up trying to "fix" what I am. You can't be ashamed of the way you're born. It's just stupid.

Of course most haters don't make a distinction between skin-changers, cursed, moon-touched and so on, because they are too busy noticing that we are just plane different from them.

And Sconch is actually older than me, but we're friends, so he's never tried to control me. It would be like wicked rude. And in reply I would steal his shoes. He knows that.

I do not hate you. Nor Do I blame you for your birth.

I do blame you for endangering people and being a drunk.

Yes you have helped us occasionally, and for that I have always thanked you.

But at the same time you have infected citizens who now can no longer claim full control of their own actions, and even by your own statement you can't protect them from all others that might not have the same view on the controlling aspect of the disease you have willingly given to others. Others that you can not guarantee will have the same 'care' with their ability to pass on said affliction.

So as I said before, people need to know how to defend themselves properly, and that was the initial request. To not publicly announce ineffective methods of combat as the proper course.

Sconce,
Math is a realm of facts.
Opinions are the products of perspective, feelings, conjecture, and a myriad of other intangible things.

Your comparison is, well, ********.

Perhaps discounting so much of Johnathan's potential opinion was a bit unfair, but its easy to say everything in a given system is good, when you are at the top. The alpha is the king of his pack. So yes. I would largely discount the kings opinion on being a peasant. Unless said king was born a peasant and rose to be a king, even then one must keep a close eye on ones perspective lest they loose the ability to see truly.

Also, if you want to trade insults and foul language I would suggest doing so in person, rather than randomly as an unknown entity.

Dear Sunnfire, you are right on two counts.1. It was #@*$ing rude of me to insult you sorry! I just get so passionate about this topic, and 2. I am ********. But even I know

that an opinion is either true or it is not it the same way that a math equation is or is not. Opinions are like arm pits every one has them, and thinks that everyone else's stinks.

J if you steal my shoes I’ll poop in your hat, fair is fair.

PS Did I ever tell you about the time I created the Elven race using just an old law book, 4 giant snails, and a bottle of Ripple?

Apologeticly Sconch

No. An opinion is not a fact.

In my opinion, Johnathat is a drunken braggard that causes as much trouble as good.

That opinion is based off some facts, but it is still not in it self a fact, or an undeniable truth as is a correct mathematical statement.

Many people unfortunately (again my opinion), quite enjoy Johnathan's company and find him to be an charming roguish type.

Their opinion is likely based off the same facts as mine.

-Kainen

Know this,

Anyone who willingly accepts a lycanthropic curse will be punished for any and all crimes they commit while under it's effects, as will the individual who infected them. We are here to slay monsters, not become them.

Justicar Crowe

Johnathan has not infected a single person in Chiram's Hollow with lycanthropy.

How is relying on non-necromantic, supernatural transformation any worse than storing your spirit inside a gigantic, magical construct? The Malachai can control constructs by voice, you jackass. I guess that makes you danger to the town as well.

-Thunder-Bringer

Let us recap.

I asked that incorrect information not be spread around regarding the combating of werewolves.

I did not say all werewolves are bad, or that we should hunt them all to extinction, or any other such nonsense.

I have often told people the proper tactics for fighting a golem as well, and would not condone misinformation about that either even though it would have the potential to make me safer.

Anything negative I have to say about Johnathan is because of Johnathan himself, not because of his affliction. There are certain facts about his affliction that people need to be aware of, some of those being his ability to pass along the disease, and to control lesser werewolves. Regardless of his personal choices to use said abilities or not at the moment he can and has used them in the past.

Given that the Malachide is unique, and Alpha werewolves are not your comparison is not-equal in its potential, though yes there are some creatures with abilities that can make anyone a danger. Morgrum has exercised mind control over elves before.

If you want to take my statements about Johnathan's character personally, by all means feel free to do so.

If you want to actually discuss the difference between a controlled application of celestial magic, and the celestial curse that is un-willing transformation into an animal type that removes free will and rational thought. I am more than willing to do so with you. Presuming that you are finished insulting me for no particular reason.

-Kainen

Johnathan is a braggart and a drunk FACTS. That’s why I like him.

PS; back in law school, one time J and I snuck into the ladies dorm at the

neighboring celestial college. That night is a blank, but next day we woke up

on the roof of an accounting firm covered in some kind of dill sauce and wearing city guard helms.

Sconch

Sconch,

You can't take a dump in the hat that once belonged to our beloved princess, the most smoking piece of royal *** this side of Authenrai! (Can't fine me. I edited it. Ha!)

Squire,

You blame me for being a drunk? I got that from BOTH sides of my family. So, techincally, I'm more of a drunk than a werewolf, but I do not yet have the power to "control drunks by voice". Someday...

Justicar,

Just so you know, it's more complex than "yes" or "no" in this particular situation. What if I told you that making a pack of lesser werewolves dramatically improves the chance that no one werewolf, who is rather large and scary, will ever frenzy again, and that the lesser ones shouldn't either? It's a rite, not a disease.

Ator,

It's like you have some kind of weird, inexplicable hatred of celestial magic or something?

Now that is cleared up I'm going to get lit with Teawaddle and chase some cats around. Sconch, see you there!

J.

Sunnfire said:
Given that the Malachide is unique, and Alpha werewolves are not your comparison is not-equal in its potential, though yes there are some creatures with abilities that can make anyone a danger.

Oddly enough, I have seen the Malachide numerous times in these lands. Other than Johnathan, I have never seen an Alpha werewolf.

Lycanthropy in the Deadlands is not a Celestial curse. Maybe you're more familiar with the affliction in your own lands, but you should avoid speaking so matter-of-factly about it in a land where you're clearly not as well educated.

-Thunder-Bringer

Indeed. All curses that are controlled by the moon are non-celestial in nature..

Seeing the Malachide more than once does not make him less unique, so I'm not sure where you are going with that.

We all hunted a pack of werewolves with an alpha that was also a vampire. You were there, I remember asking you and your clan to go after one group.

That and you know that there are other Alpha werewolves because you are not stupid. Though if you want to continue to pretend otherwise for the sake of continuing this argument, have at it.

Even in this conversation Sconch has been said to be able to control Johnathan, which implies that he is also an alpha, or worse not an alpha but something additionally able to control those cursed.

Eire is my land, and its citizens my people. Which is the only reason I joined this conversation in the first place, thank you however for reminding me exactly why I usually avoid doing so.

If you have anything further to say to me on the subject I suggest you do it in person, as I am through with this conversation.

Do not spread misinformation on how to defend oneself from harm. Otherwise feel free to carry on with your non-sense.

-Kainen

Fact: Sconch is the Alphaiest Alpha that ever Alphaed.

J.

Back