Magic Culture: Celestial and Earth

Get me a biata and mystic wood elf who want to chat, I guess.

That is an interesting conundrum that Earth has, though. There are no PC available rituals or effects that can animate a Permanently Dead Body. And, unless the PC wants to turn themselves into a Greater Undead with the Command <Undead> ability, the only way a PC Necromancer can control an Undead for greater than 5 days would require an Extend Battle Magic effect (since the Summon rituals bestows control for only 5 days).

(...)the only way a PC Necromancer can control an Undead for greater than 5 days would require an Extend Battle Magic effect (since the Summon rituals bestows control for only 5 days).

Summon, wait five days, battle Control, Extend Battle Magic? Man that's a lot of trouble to go through for a pet. And you'd only get one at a time. What a lot of resources. I'll add it to my notes. Of terrible things. To never do.

Now that I think about it ... I think the only ritual or effect that can animate a permanently dead body is ... Spirit Home? Spirit Vessel? Whatever it is called, the NPC Only Ritual equivalent to Spirit Store. It allows a Spirit to be put into any object, not just a specifically crafted version of Master Construct. At least, I think that would allow the spirit to animate the body. I think that is Celestial only?

hmmm....Daygar my first character who was an earth scholar thought the names came from the fact that the energy for Earth Magic came from the earth itself and casting chaos also damaged the earth. Celestial magic's energy was taken from their elemental planes and in his mind those planes were outside of earth/above it kinda thing. So earth and Celestial were chosen as the names. He thought about starting research but became a servant of a chaos dragon and kinda lost interest.... oh well.

Any updates on this topic? I missed it when it was first posted.

Amanda

I agree. Talking about this either way seems like it will lead to good things.

Amanda

I have zero clue, I'd really like to know the actual origins as to why the authors choose 'Celestial' and 'Earth' for the two schools.

Amanda

Back