Magic items and shatters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cúangol

Artisan
Hi,

I understand that Preserve Duration and Permanence grant indestructibility. Does this apply to 5 year dragon stamp items? 5 year lco goblin stamp items?

If I understand correctly, if I have one such item and someone throws a "shatter your magic item" at me, then I can call "no effect," whereas if I don't then I chose which item gets shattered (though I have to pick handheld ones first). Is this right?

Thanks!
Patrick

Any magic item with a duration (meaning something with a per day on it) is indestructible, unless your local chapter has a variation for gobbied items. I know of none personally.

If someone tries to shatter an indestructible item you call no effect. If they don't specify a target, then you choose. I don't believe you have to go handheld item first.

Upvote 0
I agree with Ron.

AFAIK it is not the extender that confers the indestructibility. It is specifically times ever (Store Ability, Enchant) items that are able to be shattered/destroyed/exploded, not un-extended rituals.

Most scrolls are a 1 year duration (things like AA, DA, Spell Parry, Expanded Enchant, Greater Wand) and those per day and static effect scrolls render the item unchangeable and indestructible. I would therefore say that any item made as a per day or static effect would also be indestructible, whether made via Goblin Stamps, Dragon Stamps, treasure policy or cast IG by a PC.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back