Making spellbook props

Cúangol

Artisan
Hi,

I've seen at HQ people with a printed spellbook (in nice medieval looking script), a spellbook on an ipod touch, etc. I assume people don't type in everything word for word, and copy-and-pasting from the PDF requires a bit of reformatting (and reordering based on level and ensuring that only earth spells are in an earth book). Does someone have a pre-formated spell book file to share?

If so, do you have suggestions of places I can have it professionally printed in a medieval fashion?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have anything like that, yet.

But you can do it anywhere that has a printer.
I have downloaded tons of different fonts online.

I've heard of folks using their smatphone as a portable rulebook (especially for Ritual Marshalling). Perhaps this is what was observed?

Warlok said:
I've heard of folks using their smatphone as a portable rulebook (especially for Ritual Marshalling). Perhaps this is what was observed?

Marshalling, sure...as their normal spell book, I can't see that being considered kosher.

I've used a Nook with the rulebook PDF while ritual casting. The rules only say a copy of the rulebook, which I always took as OOG, along with the 10-sided die.

I use a small leather journal that I picked up at Target? Barnes and Noble? for like $4 on sale. I wrote a spell name on the top of each page and then started by filling in the descriptions of the spells I used most, then added from there. I mostly copied the language from the rulebook.

Back