Many questions and askes of favors!!

I'm new and would, first of all, like to know which days i should come in costume expecting a game, if they let minors very close to 18 go by themselves with the permission of there parents, and a list of all the races that aren't elven or human..... I appreciate whoever is patient enough to answer my annoying questions.

First off, welcome! Many, if not all of your questions can be easily answered in the Aliance Rule Book. There is a PDF version available for download and it is quite cheap (I believe it is 5 dollars or so). Any weekend event is always full costume and they usually last from Friday night to Sunday morning. Every now and then we hold 3 day events where we start Thursday end Sunday or start Friday end Monday. As for individual game days, as far as I know they are usually costume/character days where a small group will run a few modules in the game world. I have also attended out of character days which was mostly boffer practice and talking about the game. As for minors (the rules are outlined very clearly in the book) I believe if you are over 16 you can fully participate in the game with parent permission (double check the book to make sure). Feel free to ask as many questions as you need but I would strongly encourage getting the rule book and reading through it (www.alliancelarp.com).

Underage policies are by chapter, so there's no definitive answer in the rulebook, although I still highly recommend picking up a digital copy. Our policy is to allow full participation if you are at least 14 years old, though you do have to have a parental waiver on file if you are younger than 18 years.

An up-to-date Event Schedule can be found as a sticky on this very forum, and you should also check out the welcome announcement.

Edit: I have been thoroughly corrected

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Oregon's policy allow full participation at 14 (with parental waiver)? Because otherwise I've been giving people false information. :whistle:

CompuDiver said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Oregon's policy allow full participation at 14 (with parental waiver)? Because otherwise I've been giving people false information. :whistle:

Correct.

If you are between the ages of 8 and 13 you maybe a page, in the Oregon and Seattle chapters. If you are 14* you can be a full participator, but you must have a parental wavier if you are under 18. As for having a guardian on site I believe you would need to speak to the General Manager/Owner of the chapters for what their policy on that is.

*For the Oregon chapter you must be 14 and have graduated the 8th grade for full participation.

Hopefully that should clear that up some for everyone. :)

first off, welcome!

and second, i personally recommend NPCing for your first few events. that is where you play the monsters the heroes (PCs a.k.a. Player Characters) fight and the townies they interact with. (in other words, Non Player Characters) its a good way to learn the game and figure out what kinda of character you want to play.

they haven't announced when the next event is yet so checking back here every once and a while.

If you're able to get there, you're also welcome to attend the upcoming Alliance Seattle game April 15-17 at Brooks Memorial State Park ELC. This game will be at the same site that Oregon uses for many of their events. You can see the full calendar of Alliance Seattle events here.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions and warm welcomes!! :) hopefully, I do get to stay at an event by myself if not I'll have to ask on of my friends to come. Lastly, I'm surprised that they wouldn't let someone stay by themselves if their almost 18.

Back