Many Thanks

Thanks for everyone that made this weekend tons of fun for me. It was really great to get to PC again, I didn't realize how much I miss it and am looking forward to starting again next year. John and Doug, you guys were great for doing this and I can't stress enough how much I needed it.

NPC's, you guys were all machines again, and you all did really well. Thank you for all of your hard work, you guys never seemed to stop. Caducus guys in particular, thanks for coming out, I would love to have you all back in 4 weeks, you add so much to the game when you're here.

PC's were lots of fun to play with, it was great to see new faces and hang out with some of the people I started playing with 10 years ago.

See you all in a month.

-Josh

I would also say Thank you to this weekends plot team and the NPC's. They worked tiredlessly this weekend, you guys are fantastic!
It was also great to see everyone who came out this weekend who haven't been out for awhile. I hope to see you guys again soon!
Thank you again,
T.

This was, without question, one of the best events I have been to in many years. Thank you to the relentless NPCs for wailing on me. Thank you to all the PCs and their role-play. A massive thank you to Doug, John, Kirk, and all the staff.

I have been gone a while but I will be returning to play more often (including next month). I hope many of our players both new and old do the same. I was a pleasure to see you, or meet you, whatever the case may be.

Cheers,
Travis/Zane

Add on: I forgot to add a few things I intended to say. Thank you Becky and Alison for making the tavern so very great.

I wanted to say that I have been playing Zane for fifteen years now and in one event I got to do three things with him I have NEVER done before.
-Kill something with my mind
-Invoke "spirit" magic for a worthy cause
-Legerdemain

Moments of greatness:
-Ursa RP was awesome sauce poured on a bowl of awesome flakes.
-Wave fighting as a sneaky thug on the relentless NPCs wasn't possible or as dangerous as before, made it fraggin great.
-The "table slide eviscerate" of aint-it-cool moves that murder my ability to do basic math... and my current state of living.
-Mushroom madness in the rain

Hey guys-

Just wanted to join the chorus and let you know that I had a great time at the event. Unfortunately I could only be there Saturday from 10-10, but in the 12 hours I was there, I really enjoyed myself. I liked the fact that there was so much plot going on and that people were working hard to solve it. At the same time, I liked that there were things to do that had nothing to do with advancing the plot, for people who weren't interested.

Some particulars:
--Thanks to Kurt for running the puzzle mod with the beds all set up as caves. Loved it!
--Thanks to Doug et al. for almost pwning seven of us with sp-sp-spe-spe-spell-spell-str-str-stri-stri-stri-strike-da-da-da-da-da-doo-doo-d00-d00-d000ms from the lizards that could see we were coming - that was a cool encounter!
--Thanks to GJ and Hoff for entertaining five or six of us on back trails during a downpour for what seemed like hours. Your enthusiasm (and GJ's silly but appropriate monster faces) was excellent!
--Thanks to Alison for being an encouraging force when it came to pursuing plot.
--OMG thanks to Becky for excellent tavern food. Seriously. It. Was. Glorious.
--Great idea to use the radios to communicate between plot people/NPC groups. That seemed to allow so many things to be happening in so many places, it was crazy.
--Also, I really liked how you kept groups of people from sitting in front of NPC camp. Great idea and welcome change.

I am sure there are many other things I am forgetting.

It was great seeing everyone again. I hope to see some of those old school faces around more in the future. I really enjoyed playing with you guys, then and now.

Best,

Joe / Stremthi

At school on my lunch, can't really take very long to post. Wanted to say that I had a good time. Plot/NPC's were always going, and that was amazing. Enjoyed the story and all of its quirks.

I am always trying to better our game, though, and there was a rampant issue this week: OOG talk. Holy ****, OOG talk. It was everywhere I turned. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saint when it comes to this, but there was so much going around it was unbelievable. At one point in the tavern (right after we'd warded it), I walked around to the four conversations that were going on, and three out of four of them were OOG. That's just wrong. Have we, as role-players, seriously fallen so far that we can't find something IG to talk about for a few hours when we're stuck together in a ward?

Now, I realize that there were many old players back, and that brought a great deal of reminiscing and reacquainting, but that doesn't mean that there needs to be as much OOG talk as there was. We, as veteran players, need to set a better example. Let's try to start doing that from now on.

Stevie

I also had a great time, all the work Plot and others put in really showed.

I liked the contract magic and the minimization of PCs mulling about monster camp waiting for mids to start. Awesome. I also liked the integration of newer players in the plot. It was also cool that all mods were not all created equal (e.g. do things for Bacon mod, really funny in retrospect.) Almost all my muscles are sore, which is great, thanks NPCs!

We are really looking forward to Sept!

~Justin/Quintatious

Steve said:
I am always trying to better our game, though, and there was a rampant issue this week: OOG talk. Holy s***, OOG talk. It was everywhere I turned. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saint when it comes to this, but there was so much going around it was unbelievable. At one point in the tavern (right after we'd warded it), I walked around to the four conversations that were going on, and three out of four of them were OOG. That's just wrong. Have we, as role-players, seriously fallen so far that we can't find something IG to talk about for a few hours when we're stuck together in a ward?

I'm totally guilty on this event, in a whoa bad way. I hope it didn't mess with people too much. I know several people like me had not seen or played with many people at the event in a long time like Stevie said. It isn't much of an excuse but it was the reason for this event. I'm responding to this here because it's isn't like me or many players in the chapter to act that way and I don't want anyone new to get that impression.

If needed we will just re-institute the "possession" rule. When people start talking about insane things like magic X-boxes or some world where they craft war or something we will conduct electroshock to repair them. To be on the save side Stevie can carry my remote like a shock collar.

So many things were awesome about this event;
Getting craftsman other information at the beginning of the event (Seriously, I totally loved that.)
Crawling the bed maze of the jail break,
Zombies eating Stevie’s guts,
Seeing people I haven’t seen in more then 5 years,
Dinner + desert Saturday night,
And the super energy the npcs had for the entire weekend.

Thanks everyone involved for running the event! And every one else for playing!

-Chris

Holy ****, totally forgot to mention (thanks for reminding Chris) those orgasmic brownies Saturday night.

They were amazing, and I enjoyed flinging their crumbles at Fry. Thank you again.

Steve

Back