May 523 Rumors

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
“More and more critical trade routes are getting flooded out by the Aquavian Cabal. If something isn’t done about it, it’s going to start bringing the economy to a grinding halt, let alone the fact people are dying.”

-

“Heroes Week is a time for celebration, and what would a celebration be without some friendly competitions?”

-

“I received a parcel from Lady Bancroft the other day. It was a thanks for my service during the Troll War. Such a thoughtful letter, and some money to buy a feast!”

“I received a similar one. Before this year, I didn’t even know about Lady Bancroft, but I’m sure glad she’s been helpful since the end of the war.”

-

“Pale Navy’s got their hands very full these days. The ships are even being targeted by those Alkonosts now, and three more vessels have already been lost so far this month. The Admiral says that if you hear singing, it means those winged nightmares are near, so he has reluctantly put a temporary halt to the Navy’s usual chanties.”

-

“It’s nice we’ve established a foothold in Noxfell again, but I don’t like the reports of soldiers seeing a ghostly archer stalking around there.”

-

“Cat whisperers are taking bets again.”

“Rachdale Farm, after breakfast Sunday, end of the month?”

“Naturally. I’ll bring Sassy.”

-

“Did you see the meteor shower the other night? Most of it was just dust, but I heard there were some Sky Pearls that fell down to the earth!”

“What are Sky Pearls?”

“Honestly, I don’t think anyone really knows exactly what they are, but they call them Sky Pearls because they look like fist-sized white pearls and they come falling from the sky. Lindsey and I are going this afternoon to try to find where some of them landed, though, if you want to join us.”

-

"Baron Stone-Smelt has taken up residence in Rinnling for the time being. He's been back for a while, but he's far from fully recovered. I don't know much about magic, but that's not normal after coming back to life, right?"

-

“They say the best way to kill a siren is to out-sing ‘em.”

“Bornabe Mikem claims if ya sing along with them, they’ll get disgusted and leave ya be.”

“What kinda dare did he lose to take up researching sirens?”

-

“I’d have expected those Tritons to be thrilled by this whole ‘flood the world’ scheme that the Aquavian Cabal is trying to do, but they’re still regularly helping defend against the ever-increasing raids from Sahuagin, who are definitely on the Cabal’s side. Guess they’re content with the ocean staying where it is.”

-

“When did bull racing become such a popular choice for village celebrations? Do they enjoy rebuilding after the inevitable wreckage?”

-

“Those strange three-toed footprints are really getting around. That sticky, gooey slime that they leave in their wake sure is a problem, though.”

-

“Lunenduff Grove is up for a burning again this year. Happens every few decades, no wonder the ‘Kin keep forgetting to evacuate their homes… but hopefully that won’t happen again this time.”

-

"Count Tanno has a greater undead in custody! Reportedly, it's former Ducal Court Healer, Omar Dontelle. Why hasn't he killed him yet, though?"

-

“After years of privacy, Lord Afton’s aquarium is finally going to be opening to the public soon!”

-

“Some rakish fella named Thietmar was offerin’ up information on where to find banned shrooms. I don’t really have a need for any banned shrooms………… but I’m intrigued.”

-

“Wesley tells me that Atupal isn’t all entirely man-made tunnels; there are natural caverns in the underground, too. He also says that the fifth floor underground is still in defensive mode.”

“Can’t Roy fix it?”

“Not until someone shuts it down so we can get in there and make repairs.”

-

“I’m not saying Randal did something wrong again so soon after being released from jail, but I sure enough know that humans don’t have pig noses. Beats me what he ate, what he drank, or who he pissed off, but it was probably his own fault!”

-

“Have you ever seen some of those weird plants that grow over in Zekaar?

“Do you mean like the lion plant that tried to eat me? …No, I never saw it.”

-

“Psst, wanna smuggle things?”

“For good, or for fun?”

-

“Did you see that weird scarecrow by the Drop Inn?

“You mean the one that had the head of a pig, the straw-stuffed body, and those weird legs?”

“Yeah, that’s the one.”

“I heard the farmers there have been refusing to go outside for fear something is hunting them.”

-

"Count Tillbane has put out an incentive for recruitment for his militia. I'm surprised he's finally admitted he needs more soldiers."

-

"I hear the bookkeepers have found a new kind of magical creature in the library. They've been messing up their organization system for a while now."

"What are the creatures called?"

"I think they also call themselves bookkeepers?"

"That won't get confusing, I'm sure."

-

"What's the best way to cook crab?"

"Steam it, I'd say."

Back