Memberships!

Beverly Byers

Fighter
Traverse City Staff
There are many people whose memberships have expired or are close to expiring! If your membership expires you will no-longer get updates sent to you, you will be removed from our auto-blanket list, and your character will no-longer be maintained by logistics. Please check with me if you are not sure of your renewal date or if you have any other questions regarding memberships.

Thank you,

Since having a membership apparently does not guarantee being able to play your character at an event, if you have not pre-reg'd, exactly why would a player choose Alliance TC for their home chapter?

Arlene V

WHOA!!!!!!!! Hold the phone here! A membership is your way of saying "I wana help out and be a member of this awsome club"! It in no way has anything to do with your ability to play your charecter at an event (Unless you do not have a membership with the chapter of course).

In case you have not seen the Alliance TC Policies or are unaware that there are some heres some friendly help :D

Alliance Traverse City’s Pre-Registration Policy

Alliance Traverse is striving to better itself by having prompt start times. To assist with this, we have instituted the Pre-Registration (or Pre-Reg) Policy. If you do not Pre-Reg for an event, you will be assessed a $15 fee. We have to be very strict on this policy, as not Pre-Reg’n correctly (or not at all) directly impacts our game start time.

1. Pre-Reg must be completed by midnight, the Monday before any event. This is regardless of the start date of the event.

2. If you are not from this chapter, a character update must also be sent from your home chapter by the deadline.

3. A list of all tags needed by your character must be sent. This includes spells memorized, magic items, character production, goblin stamp production, etc...

4. Sending information on spending any loose build that you may have.

Payment for an event does not have to be sent ahead of time for you to be considered Pre-Reg'd, all payments can be made at the door.

All of these requirements must be met to consider yourself Pre-Reg’d. If they are not you will either have to pay extra to complete your character at logistics or you will have to play with only the information that was sent. Further more, if you do not Pre-Reg and you show up after “game-on” you will have to NPC or sit out until the next logistics period. If you Pre-Reg’d your character, your player packet will be made available for you to pick up.

Personaly I am offended more than slightly that you would call out Matt and Bev about rules that have been in place since before I even started playing (1 - 1 1/2 years). Not to mention that marshals should be held at a higher standard than anyone else.

Hope this help :D with much love Meeker.

Meeker,

While I loath joining drama and have only had pleasent experiences with you in person. I am not sure your posts would be considered benign. Different people are going to have different concerns. I whole heartedly agree with the pre-reg policy, but I also know that not everyone can afford internet and many people work long and strange hours. It never hurts to make these concerns known and perhaps some kind of agreement can be made to allow a phone pre-reg for these characters. I do understand that the local library offers internet, but once again we hit that wall of work hours, taking care of kids, paying for gas to get out to the library. So perhaps the solution is not always as simple as we would like it to be.

I also agree that plot and officers should have regular internet access. I love the game and would be the first to voluneteer if my life allowed it. I barely can get away with just playing for the weekend, in fact I have not been able to play for almost a year as it stands because of some changes in my life. Compared to some other people I know even my life is not that busy, so I guess I am just urging a little kindness and understanding. Your solutions are just fine, but they will not work for everyone... and perhaps the people raising their concerns are just trying "to be the change they want to see in the world."

If your intent is not to inflame, then you are not doing it right. Even I am slightly offended by your responses. It is useless and silly to argue over the computer, so much is lost. You can not see facial expressions or hear the different tonal qualities in a voice, so becareful what you say. And my last bit of advice if I may be so bold, is to not post a response to every single thing certian people post.

On a side note, back to this thread... when does my membership expire? I feel like it is in May sometime, which would make it near overdue.

All the best,
Daver/BtB

After re-reading my posts I relize that I was being quite vocal and not rilly displaying my kindness that I usualy do twords others. I hope that no one thinks less of me because of it. I definitly stomped on tender toes with my "Quick to condemn" reaction. Please accept my sincearist apologys.

Arlene & Mike - I want you two to know that your wonderfull people and I miss you very much. I hope that we'll see you in the near future and that we can keep our friednships clear and joyfull. Next time I see you two please accept my greeting with hugs.

Daver/BtB -I miss you quite a whole lot, thank you for your words of kindness.

Your friend forever :D Meeker

Meeker,

As with you, when I reread my posts yesterday I saw they were rash and ill-considered, posted in the heat of the moment. While I would like to see some changes, making inflammatory statements is not going to accomplish anything.

At this point I don't know what my future is with Alliance Larp TC, but I hope I can always call you friend.

Arlene V

Friends!!!

Thank you for renewing my faith in the world. This past year I have been student teaching in high school and I can not believe anyone makes it out of there alive these days. What a horrible thing to do to our children, all this angst and mean spiritedness. It is so strange to see so many people trying to conform, but not be a community. I just don't get it.

In any event, I really care about the game, the chapter and most of all the people. I can not wait to see you all again. Hugs all around and I cannot wait to meet this new Biata I am hearing so much about. Now I give it a 70% chance that I can be at the June event. My wife has really given up a lot for me this past year to allow me to do my student teaching and get my Masters degree and that will only be the 2nd weekend after school lets out. If I do (and I really really want to) make it up, expect to see many pictures of the not so little 9 month old Cecilia Rose.

And on a side note, back to the post at hand. Is it acceptable to pre-pay lets say a five year membership? Would the computer program accept that, or is not possible at this time?

Hugs,
Daver/BtB

BtB said:
Friends!!!

Thank you for renewing my faith in the world. This past year I have been student teaching in high school and I can not believe anyone makes it out of there alive these days. What a horrible thing to do to our children, all this angst and mean spiritedness.

Hugs,
Daver/BtB

Haha! I hear ya! Just got my diploma in the mail today!

Dave,

Much as I selfishy want to see you take all the time you and your budding family needs well be there when you return.

Paul

BtB said:
Friends!!!

And on a side note, back to the post at hand. Is it acceptable to pre-pay lets say a five year membership? Would the computer program accept that, or is not possible at this time?

Hugs,
Daver/BtB

Yes you can prepay that far ahead if you want to, the computer will accept it (I think) if not I will beat it into submission untill it does! (or till Bev beats me for touching her lap top :lol: )

MAtt

You can input whatever dates you want in the membership fields.

As long as you are using the standard Logistics database.

-Justin
Logistics Guy

Oh Yeah!!! meet the newest renewed member till 2013 BABY!!! it worked!

hugs,
daver

Back