Merchant's Guild of Acarthia

Merchant's Guild Outlet store is moving.

The new store will be just uphill from the Healer's Guild.

This will make for easy access if you are stopping by the Tavern.

Tinker

Gambling now available at the Merchant's Guild Outlet stone.

Current game will be the popular version of poker known as Hold 'Em.

We plan to play in the evening, after dinner.

We probably won't play Friday evening this next event as we will be moving into a new building, but we hope to play Saturday evening and Friday and Saturday evenings on most Market Weekends.

Tinker

Help Wanted

I'm looking for a young lady to deal poker in the evening, after supper, at the Merchant's Guild Outlet store.

This will leave me free to help the players and our regular customers (yes, we will still be open during the poker games).

Apply at the Merchant's Guild Outlet store or write Tinker at rtclark48@aol.com

Tinker

Merchant's Guild Charter completed (almost)

A draft of the Merchant's Guild has been completed and is currently being reviewed by the Guild Master.

It explains the Costs, Benefits and Responsibilities of Guild members as well as Ranks within the Guild.

Since it is actively being reviewed, I expect to have final (printed) copies available for the next Noble Gathering in mid-May.

Current costs are limited to 1 silver per year per member. This could change, but I do not expect it to.

Tinker

Merchant Guild accepting applicants.

With the completion of the Merchant's Guild Charter, it is now possible to accept applications for the Merchant's Guild (we had provisionally accepted a couple of members, but since neither we nor they knew what that ment, they are free to accept or decline membership under the new Charter).

I understand that a couple people were reticent to commit to the Guild because of a written Charter. As I said, that has been corrected and I will have a copy of the Charter for any applicants to peruse at the store.

I also plan to have copies of the Charter for all members (unless we have more applicants than I currently expect).

So, please come by and check us out.

Tinker

Merchant's Guild - Trading

The Merchant's will accept most thing in trade for its products. We will normally allow 75% of the face value of your trade.

Tinker

Merchant's Guild - Credit

The Guild Master has allowed me to extend a limited amount of credit to our patrons. If you can pay 50% or more in cash, we can give you a short term loan for the remainder.

At the end of each Gathering, a 2 silver service charge will be added to any loans that have not been paid off. However, this will be done after the gathering. So, if you buy something for 2 gold on Friday (1 g cash, 1 g credit) and pay the loan off before the Gathering is over, you won't pay a service charge.

If you were unable to make any payment this Gathering, you would owe 12 silver next Gathering.

Tinker

Merchant's Guild - Stock

As most of you know, we carry a variety of Weapons, Armor, Alchemy and an occasional Trap.

Starting next Gather, we should have one or two samples of most alchemy's in stock. In addition, I will try to identify those Alchemy's that you want the most and have more of those available.

We usually have a wide variety of weapons and armor, but you need to get to the store early, as these items are not stocked in depth.

However, we do have a number of members that have made a commitment to the Guild to provide items when we run out during a Gather. If we can tell those members what you need by 4 pm Saturday, we can usually get the item created by the end of supper.

And last, because we trade, we will occasionally have potions, scrolls and other items that we do not normally stock. Be sure to ask if you need something. You never know what you may find.

Tinker

Merchant's Guild - Buying

On occasion, the Merchant's Guild is asked to buy something. We have been know to do this, but our primary job is to sell. If you want to sell something to the Merchant's Guild, the item must meet two criteria:
1) It must be something we need or feel we can resell easily.
2) it must be priced at no more than 50% of the face value of the item.

Tinker

Merchant's Guild - Poker

Friday Poker - Will start about 15 minutes after Opening announcements, assuming we have a minimum table.

Saturday Poker - Will normally start after supper about 8 pm. Again, assuming we have at least a minimum table.

There are a few house rules which will be posted in the Merchant's Guild Outlet store. Come by any time to take a look.

Poker Tournament Saturday 8 pm - Magic Item as Prize

The Guild recently acquired a magic item which was appraised at between 3 and 4 gold. Since no one can afford it, we thought we'd put it up as the prize for our first Poker Tournament.

Stop by anytime Friday or Saturday to sign up. Tournament will be canceled if at least four players do not sign up by 8:30 pm, Saturday.
Buy in for the Tournament will be 1 gold.

Tinker

Back