Middle Earth Ball

Balryn

http://www.middleearthball.com/

I saw that this is later tonight in the Seattle PI. Unfortunately this has an age limit of 21, but is anyone else happening to be going? I was thinking about going to have some late night fun. (As my son goes to sleep around 7:30 to 8:30 and it's easier to get someone to watch him when he's only sleeping). Anyhow, I'm sure you could some recruiting here. :)

Journey to Middle Earth and experience an enchanting evening never to be forgotten
with fabulous sets designed to make you feel as though you were indeed sipping
grog at the Prancing Pony or perhaps dancing in the great halls of Rohan. How
would you like to walk through Lothlorien woods, or lounge on the terraces of
Rivendell? From the green Shire to the dark mines of Morea and even Mount Doom,
20,000 sq.ft. of these interactive art installations will serve to recreate the fantasy
of Tolkien?s mystical world.

The Entertainment
Emcee for the evening will be none other than Seattle's own juggling comic genius
Samwise (aka Smerdykov Karamazov). This Gala Costume Ball will have two stages
and a DJ Lounge. Headlining the evenings entertainment will be Red Hot Canadian
Dance Band Paper Boys. Opening will be the Geoffrey Castle Band featuring
former members of Guaneri Underground and rounding out the evening with the
rootsy sounds of Afro-Cuban Highlife Band Ancestor Radio. Performances by
classical guitarist
Andre Feriante in collaboration with VJ Pablo?s "Danse Bleue" featuring ballet
dancer Jamie Rose and Mish Curtis. Also featuring the acoustic Celtic harmonies of
The Town Criers, The rockin? folk sounds of Rickyleebob, Cirque Flambe with
their amazing feats of contained pyromania and Dark Lord ambient grooves provided
by DJ Orsiris of Oracle Gatherings fame.

Other surprises in store.
There will be two full Bars serving a variety of local brews, fine wines, well drinks and
special elixirs. Hobbiton will also have beer and wine at the Green Dragon tavern,
and Mr. Spots Chai House will be there to dish out the Hobbit vittles and serve
chai, coffee and teas.

Barry

too bad i'm not 21 yet.. *sigh*

-Carmen

Triana_Devorjk said:
too bad i'm not 21 yet.. *sigh*

-Carmen

I know the feeling.
Its pissy when all your friends go "Hey guys, lets go clubbing." and you know good and well that you arent included yet. Specially when the person you are dating is old enough to do it with them too.

I hate being 20. I wish I could have skipped from 18 to 21. Those are the good years to attain.
~Sean

Izlude_Oranes said:
I hate being 20. I wish I could have skipped from 18 to 21. Those are the good years to attain.
~Sean

Oh, but so much is learned in those years...

You'll all be able to go soon and then soon enough you'll wonder what the big deal was to begin with...

Besides, doesn't Seattle/Olympia/Portland have any 16 + or 18+ clubs? I used to go to places like that all the time.... of course that was a couple decades ago. (Shush Macomber!)

Seattle just opened a 16+ goth club. no smoking, no booze, and not many people yet. It's in Ballard (where the Vampire LARP ruin by David was - many will know the reference). Apparently, the bathrooms are also extremely difficult to find and the stairs down are not friendly to 7 inch platform boots... can you tell I got a review from a short person?

Jim said:
You'll all be able to go soon and then soon enough you'll wonder what the big deal was to begin with...

Word. Unless you REALLY like clubbing, its not all that great.

When I turned 21, I didnt really notice much of a change. Its not really that big of deal.

Jim said:
Oh, but so much is learned in those years...

Besides, doesn't Seattle/Olympia/Portland have any 16 + or 18+ clubs? I used to go to places like that all the time.... of course that was a couple decades ago. (Shush Macomber!)

Have you been to any of the 18 or over clubs? They are terrible! Well, atleast that was my opinion, which is why I stopped going! I don't know about any 16 or over clubs, but I know of a lot of 18 and over clubs in Seattle, mostly downtown.

As an FYI- Sat June 5th is a under 21 event for the same. :)

~Barry

Back