Resolved Mixing Potions and Elixirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have scoured these forums trying to understand this rule. In getting a portion of a poisoned/potioned food or drink does only the first person gets the effect, or does anyone? If there are as many doses as people in a container can everyone get a single dose from it, or are they all destroyed because they were mixed in the container (even though they wouldn’t be used as a single dose)? Couldn’t even the most expensive or rare of poisons secreted in a drink be easily and cheaply negated just by mixing the simplest of potions? If I don’t have Herbal Lore are both doses still destroyed if I try to mix them into food? If a source is already poisoned by someone who had the skill are both doses voided if something is mixed in by someone without the skill?

If it takes three seconds to drink a dose, shouldn’t mixing doses just extend the duration of the act? Ten doses taking 30 seconds to drink for example. Something that could be interrupted. Functionally wouldn’t this be no different than standing there drinking potion after potion?

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this. I’m a new player looking to join my first game as an alchemist and just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into.

Thanks

Hi!

In getting a portion of a poisoned/potioned food or drink does only the first person gets the effect, or does anyone?
Potions are unable to be mixed into food, only elixirs.

Per the Alliance Rulebook, page 118, under Elixirs: "Once applied, the pertinent tag must be attached to the food or drink container which has been poisoned and will stay until either (a) the poisoned item is first ingested, in which case the person imbibing the poisoned item will be affected by the elixir and the tag then removed; or (b) the first piece of poisoned food or drink is transferred from that container, in which case the tag should be moved with the poisoned food, leaving the rest of the container clean"

So if 10 people all get a slice of poisoned cake, the person who go the first slice cut would be the one to take the effect of any poisoning, but if two people are consuming a bowl of poisoned soup, only the first person to consume a spoonful would suffer the effect.

If there are as many doses as people in a container can everyone get a single dose from it, or are they all destroyed because they were mixed in the container (even though they wouldn’t be used as a single dose)?
Only one elixir can be present in a given food/drink item at a time. If you have a bottle of water, it can only have one elixir mixed into it. If you pour poisoned water into 4 cups, the first cup you pour it into gets the poison, but the remaining 3 can all have poison added to them at that time.
Attempting to add a second elixir to an already poisoned item, would result in the second elixir being destroyed with no effect.

Couldn’t even the most expensive or rare of poisons secreted in a drink be easily and cheaply negated just by mixing the simplest of potions?
Potions cannot be mixed into food/drink.

If I don’t have Herbal Lore are both doses still destroyed if I try to mix them into food?
If you do not have Herbal Lore, you cannot mix elixirs into food/drink.

If a source is already poisoned by someone who had the skill are both doses voided if something is mixed in by someone without the skill?
The second dose added to any item would be destroyed, but a person without Herbal cannot mix an elixir into food/drink.

If it takes three seconds to drink a dose, shouldn’t mixing doses just extend the duration of the act? Ten doses taking 30 seconds to drink for example. Something that could be interrupted. Functionally wouldn’t this be no different than standing there drinking potion after potion?
Conceptually, sure, but only one dose per thing.

If you've got any other questions related to this, you can certainly send them to me via PM or post them in either the Marshal Questions sub-forum or within your local chapter's forums or discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back