Mod Day: Thanks, Notes, and Favorite Moments!

meirya

Artisan
Hi all! Thank you so much to everyone who came out to Alliance LARP Denver's first-ever module day. We hope you enjoyed yourself! The Plot team certainly learned a lot, and we have tons of ideas on how we can make any future mod days run more smoothly (and more on time - thank you all for your patience when we ran late).

Particular thanks to:
  • Val (our new Head of Props!) and Realis, both of whom kept our monster camp clean, organized, and helped with mod room set-up and transition. The event would have been much more hectic, stressful, and chaotic without your help!
  • Mac for running Logistics all day. I don't know how you stay friendly, warm, and personable throughout a whole day of Logistics!
  • All of our FANTASTIC and enthusiastic NPCs, both full-day ones and the PCs who worked one or several NPC shifts. We can't do this without our NPCs, and you all did an amazing job with everything from combat to roleplay, adapting admirably to the last-minute debriefings and role assignments.
  • Everyone who helped out with cleanup at the end of the day. Our community is great about cleaning up site before we leave, and it means we get to keep using the lovely Girl Scouts campsites! It also helped the exhausted staff get home in a relatively timely manner.
  • Alex S. for setting all of our traps. Since I think we have about two or three people in NPC camp who can set traps, one of which is Jesse, this was super helpful in freeing up Plot to set up the rest of the module.
  • Tyler for ferrying people back and forth from the NPC parking lot. Really nice gesture and way helpful!
  • And of course the rest of the plot team, for writing and running the modules, and helping out with each other's modules. I (Dani) wrote the 10am module (RV1), David wrote the noon module (Scions), Jesse wrote the 1pm (Concurrent), 2:30pm (Tiatar), and 6:45pm (RV2) modules, and Jenn wrote the 4:30 module (Warchester). Jesse helped out just about everyone with statting, and as usual we all gave each other feedback on the modules in the writing process.
Some important notes about the module day:
  • CHECK YOUR CLOTHES. Val found a tick on one of the tabards so we know there were ticks in the woods. I posted this on Facebook last night but I'm putting a reminder here.
  • NPCs: Please let us know with an email ( acarthialogistics@gmail.com and allianceden@gmail.com ) if you NPCed the mod day, and whether you were a full-day or partial-day NPC. We want to make sure you get your goblin stamps!
  • Event feedback form! It helps us a lot if you fill out the event feedback form. We want to provide you with the best experience possible, and if we know what you like, we can work to provide more of that!
And finally: What were your favorite moments? Share in the thread below!

Gnoll: "You will not get ANYWHERE near our shaman!!! Never!"
Me: "He's already dead."
Gnoll: "You're lying..." *looks and sees the mangled body* "...ugh."

John Siadak and myself were able to find much enjoyment portraying Kobolds. We were "hidden" in a room with David as the semi-big-bad Gnoll. I was sort of crouched behind a mattress against a wall, waiting for my chance to spring my trap. William/Parcival pushed at my mattress and I feared I was busted... but, somehow I remained undetected. Moments later as combat broke out I quietly came from behind the mattress and waylayed 2 of the Scions party before utterly disintegrating from the huge amount of incoming damage. This, however, gave John a chance to use assassinate a few times. Was a fun mod and an interesting setup. Hopefully the players had as much fun as we NPCs did :)

OOG talk about dealing with walls covered in sticky webs:
Jesse: [Paraphrasing a bit] "Hold. So remember the webs on the walls. They are sticky as ****. Your shield contacted the wall so it is stuck. You can use a blade to cut free, or a release..."
Me: [Paraphrase, rudely cutting Jesse off]: How about endow? I have an active, can I just rip the ***** free?"
Jesse [with a slight grin] "Yep"
Me: [Visibly having way too much fun pretending to be Hulk for a moment as I pull my shield from the wall]

Dear Plot:

There is OOG confusion about the "ogre" tribes from the Mod Day. Were these high ogres, or ogres?

Thanks,
Trace

A favorite moment:

Elavir, talking to a High Ogre chieftan (paraphrasing):

"Are you a just ruler? Are you equanimous, fair, and even-handed?"

High Ogre Chieftan: "I am not sure what half those words mean."

Back