MOD DAY

Okay, but I did say Saturday haha. One of my goals is to get an idea of how physically intensive it'll be to do this stuff all day at a weekend event. I'm also trying to avoid an overnight for my first time out since I haven't gone camping in YEARS.

Would I be better off just NPCing for Saturday or going for Day in the Life?

Also, is there a specific character sheet or would I just need to bring some documentation of what my 15 starting points are getting spent on?

Totally up to you pal!
You can email AcarthiaLogistics@gmail to get some character help.

In that case, I think I will NPC for Saturday. It'll give me a better idea of the physical demand, help me get familiar with rules, and cost less. I'll still need to buy the trial membership, yeah?

Plus, I can't really be the character I want to portray at 15 points. Paladins have been my thing since I was 9. It's difficult to get a Templar with actual spellcasting to work on 15 points. So I remember that I'm supposed to bring black clothes to NPC, but should I bring what costuming I have?

Hi Paul, welcome to Alliance!

These adventures are by group reservation, like tables at a restaurant, if you want to think of it that way. On Sunday at 12:30, there is "A Day in the Life of Acarthia" which is designed for new players, and is an "open table," using my restaurant metaphor. That is the singular module that is designed specifically for new players, to demonstrate some of how the game works, introduce you to its story elements, and which is leveled appropriately for starting characters. If you are free to come out on Sunday, that is the module that you and your brother should attend. There's still time! We'll work out the details.

The other modules on Saturday, and other time on Sunday are reserved by their respective parties, and attending them would be like sitting down at someone else's table at a restaurant. With advance planning, several of those groups would've been happy to welcome new players, I'm sure -- but this close to the event, the Sunday adventure at 12:30 is the reasonable choice.

(BTW, I've read this adventure write-up, and it's so fun that I wish that I could sneak in with my more experienced PC because I think this is going to be delightful!)

Here's what you need to do right now:
You and your brother may borrow boffer physreps from the game for your first adventure; don't worry about that.

If you need help with any of these steps, please check out our Facebook group, "Alliance LARP Denver." Our community is really friendly, and you'll find a lot of help there when you have questions. Please feel also to reach out to me on Facebook through private message if I can help you further right now.

Trace Moriarty
Team Prometheus
2017 Acarthia Plot Team

Hi Trace! Thanks for the step by step guide. Should I be reading that as a strong recommendation from you for Day in the Life over NPCing?

You're absolutely welcome to come NPC, I believe Trace was simply clarifying why the "Day in the Life" mod would be the only real new-player option as a PC.

You may do both -- NPC on Saturday, and during the other adventure timeslot on Sunday if you wish. Each adventure is a unique story, so you won't spoil your own experience by NPCing for those.

"A Day in the Life of Acarthia" is written specifically for new players, so it's a unique opportunity to test the waters in a story written exactly to showcase a few things about the game. NPCing is cool as a general primer -- but that adventure is really "where it's at" for a new player. I recommend that experience highly.

Trace

The location is two hours away from where I live, and I'm not looking to do an overnight my first time; that's part of the reason why I really wanted to do mod day. But I will take that recommendation to heart and sign up for Day in the Life. Thanks for your help, everybody (and also for putting up with my wishy-washy uncertainty).

EDIT: And it's done. Trial membership and Mod Day pass are paid for.

I mentioned this in other locations as well but I'll be there to NPC when I'm not on the Warchester mod, please add me to the list!

Back