Moving Forward

jwconvery

Spellsword
An open comment to the Town,

This past market day revealed a lot about our group. We showed promise of greatness both individually and as a group. We achieved some difficult goals. However mistakes were made, and the consequences of those mistakes were felt by all. Long standing enemies were defeated, only to be replaced by new ones.

I don't presume to know the answer to town unity. However I know that we can't fight something together, if everyone doesn't understand what to do, and why they are doing it. Their are too many enemies to defeat without some sort of organization. I would ask that the various groups respond here to share what they know so we can more effectively use our time. I am not posting this to get groups to reveal their secrets or share their treasure, I am only asking a sharing of information so we can get a better sense of the big picture.

I would also ask that no strategy or plan of action be posted here. I am not sure how safe these dreams realms are. I will start by sharing what little I know.

Their is a group of Ice-powered Trolls using a font of power to freeze the lands near town, to make a home for more Ice Trolls to come. The ice makes fast movement difficult, for us.

The Academy of Arcane Arts has visited the town looking for artifacts to study and formalists of both schools to join their cause. They also explained that they are the reason for both the existence of the spell 'Doom' and the ability of Celestial casters to 'Fork' If you can cast Evocation and you do not know how to 'Fork'. Ask around. I am not sure if it will be around for the October market day, but if it is, it is a large boon to our cause.

We have accounted for the defeat of 4 of Shades potential 7 champions, Erza and the three draconians. The third draconian is not dead but was defeated. We have also learned of a changeling as one of his chosen, so be careful talking to anyone you don't know personally. If the Chaos/Fire draconian is to be believed, the Changeling has infiltrated the town on many occasions. I do not know the other two chosen.

The Thayne has revealed himself to be a powerful Vampire in control of the were-creatures. I do not know where he came from, but he is here now and we need to devise a plan for him before the winter allows him to grow his forces.

There is potentially a mercury infused, Lich loose near town. I do not know if he will attack us directly, but we should be aware of his presence.

Anyone missing from the past market day should make arraignments to re-invest themselves in the new Permanent Circle in the Tavern. I, unfortunately, destroyed the previous one.

Hopefully a free exchange of information can help us to get on the path to better teamwork and unity.

-Idris

As always, I am willing to give whatever knowledge I have. Folks just need to ask.

I will also be more receptive to going out and doing things, if people need help.

Casan Moreaux
Order of the Emerald Flame

One of the other two of Shade's seven is the patriarch of the dark elves. I don't know if this is always the case, but this particular changeling is a fey of the winter house. We know Shade is also destroying any waymaker stone he can find, so finding one close to him would be difficult. Also, Shade is close to losing the game.

Lukas

Idris,

As far as I know, these realms are not a safe place to post such sensitive information. A better way to do it would be to have everyone meet in the Tavern at the next gathering. We can all talk about what we all know then, if this is what you want.

Durk

Idris, Druk, and the rest of those who's actions lately have kept a lot of innocents safe-

I am not certain how it works in other lands but I assure you that those who directly oppose you cannot learn of your communication here. This barrier however does not prevent someone from within your ranks from betraying the town. So your thoughts are as safe as they can be between gatherings.
On another note, the withdrawal of the Dark Elf forces has given me a chance to pursue some of my own goals. There are a few plots of land I need scouted if anyone wants to make some quick gold. Also if anyone has further information on the Waymaker Stones please let me know. Also who ever gave me the address to the Wardancers please give it to me again.

Mathis Lumdelaforte

Mathis said:
On another note, the withdrawal of the Dark Elf forces has given me a chance to pursue some of my own goals.

This is prized information indeed. I must have been too focused on the small tress that I missed the giant forest. The Dark Elves have withdrawn?

-Idris

I cannot speak for the area around your encampment but as far as the lands in general, yes the dark elf presence is markedly decreased. I presume that this has as much to do with the deeds of the adventurers as much as the bravery of Voth's army. If things continue as they have over the past few months I suspect that the war will not last much longer.

Mathis Lumdelaforte

I would gladly take part in and be honored to join any discussions about forming an effective force within the town and lands. Be it for combat or merely the spreading of information. If my experience can be any use to you all please only ask and I shall do my best.

Hiroti Arai

Back