Multiple triggers

Nikorisu

Artisan
In the arb pg. 146 it says in regard to poison gas traps
“If two or more traps have the same trigger, then they are all set off at once and one Poison Shield or Resist Poison will block them all.”
It also says
“Any armed trap that is shattered or de- stroyed, whether by a spell or by another trap within the radius, will always be set off”.
The final bit is that pg. 145 says in regard to explosive traps
“When set off, this trap will destroy all destruct- ible in-game items within a five foot radius (as the Destroy spell.)”

1. Does the rule for poison gas traps apply to other traps and magic armor?

2. If so, does one trap setting off another count as them having the same trigger?

To be clear: trap A is set off by PC1. Trap B’s trigger is inside the 5 foot radius of Trap A, thus setting it off. PC2 is within the radius of both Trap A and Trap B. Does 1 magic armor protect against both traps or just trap A as it was set off first? (Meaning that the traps were not set off at the same time which is a part of multiple trap triggers from page 146) also, this is assuming both traps are explosive.

3. Assuming one magic armor does block them both, if trap A and trap B are different kinds of traps such as A being explosive and B being acid, does 1 magic armor still block them both?

Well, I talked to some people and realized that explosive traps can’t be blocked. So I guess that makes my question only apply to flame and acid traps with resist element.

Last edited:
Back