MWE race name change

Togashin said:
Aziraphel said:
Togashin said:
True and i do know there going to be doing the same thing with the national boards by this summer, but he still should not have said that. Now the ARC would have no reason to even slightly care about the results of that poll.

Also, Togashin, its not an ARC issue, its an owner issue, as Mike V pointed out. And while I, as a pessimist, think I already see the outcome of this, I think its still worth trying for, because I really would like to see a change. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I haven't tested if the poll was susceptible to ballot stuffing, because its not how I would operate nor do I think my friends would. If the people against the idea want to work so hard against me, then I guess thats easier than them asking their owners to vote against it *if* there is a proposal.

Personally, I am just trying to offer up a change that I think makes things a touch better for all players.

-Warlock

How is it not an ARC issue? The ARC formalizes every proposal that is to be put through to be voted by the owners.

Ryan Z.

Just saying, in this thread http://www.alliancelarp.com/forum/viewt ... a&start=50
Mike V said, "This is more of an owner thing to vote on, rather than the ARC, because it's not really a "rule" so to speak." I trust he knows what he's talking about. Meahwhile, I think people are getting too heated about this, we should all try to be calm. We're all friends here.

As for, IG and OOG name changes, I have been pushing towards an IG name change for years, but ever since I've started playing I've had to deal with the constant "you-are-elves-no-we-are-not" RP, and after the third year that debate stops being good RP, ya know?

edited to fix the link

Sounds like it's combat time then!

Or maybe you should try Dominates? :wink:

I hear enslavements are particularly effective, and less detectable.

Yeah if only I hadn't had a panic attack and smashed up all those ones I had confiscated....

Aziraphel said:
Just saying, in this thread http://www.alliancelarp.com/forum/viewt ... a&start=50
Mike V said, "This is more of an owner thing to vote on, rather than the ARC, because it's not really a "rule" so to speak." I trust he knows what he's talking about. Meahwhile, I think people are getting too heated about this, we should all try to be calm. We're all friends here.

As for, IG and OOG name changes, I have been pushing towards an IG name change for years, but ever since I've started playing I've had to deal with the constant "you-are-elves-no-we-are-not" RP, and after the third year that debate stops being good RP, ya know?

edited to fix the link

True, and i had not read Mike's comment till after my last post, as i tend to ignore most of what he ever says, But never the less after Bryan made his post i stopped posting because i knew I'd just get attacked more.

And as for the actual change, you guys have your own name set IG and I'm completely ok with that, but i think it's stupid to force that change on everyone.

Ryan Z.

Togashin said:
Aziraphel said:

edited to fix the link

True, and i had not read Mike's comment till after my last post, as i tend to ignore most of what he ever says, But never the less after Bryan made his post i stopped posting because i knew I'd just get attacked more.

And as for the actual change, you guys have your own name set IG and I'm completely ok with that, but i think it's stupid to force that change on everyone.

Ryan Z.

Ryan, I don't think anyone meant to attack you. You've been on the boards, these discussions can get excitable, hence why I asked everyone to cool down a bit. Personally, I know I certainly was not attacking you.

And honestly, I don;t think putting it to a poll and then a vote amongst the owners is forcing anything. It's an attempt at change, something I personally feel is an improvement and some people agree. But theres still quite a bit to go through before it passes or fails.

-Jason

In playing Kasuni, I haven't found being called "Mystic Wood Elves" a horrible inconvenience. I mean, if it comes up, she'll generally correct people to "Mystic Wood Folk" and leave it at that. It hasn't put a big strain on anything for me personally, and I don't see why it needs to be changed. Sure, it would make a little bit of extra sense, but as long as there are elf ear phys reps, people will likely continue making the mistake of calling us MWE.

I really think it should be up to the local teams, but if it does have to change, I'd say that Mystic Wood Folk is the most sensible option. It's not a drastic change that way, and it would still make sense.

Maxondaerth said:
I will point out, though, that the change had already started IG. A lot of people out here were commonly referring to MWE as MWF for a while, and when the people from Chicago came out in Feb I had pointed out to at least one of them that some of the MWEs out here found that MWE was mildly offensive and preferred the MWF term, to which they explained why they actively embraced MWE. It was interesting. Anyway, point being just cause the book says one thing doesn't mean you can't IG say another thing and change people's minds through RP (or combat :lol: ).

QTF

This was a highlight for the MWE/MWF that came into Andar a few months back. It generated a lot of RP with you guys and within our group (after hours discussion). For me it caused a lot of confusion because I didn't know what to call different people.

Paul

I know when playing Padraig, I still get sorely tempted to look at people like they're idiots and ask them exactly what a Mystic Wood is, and where on Fortannis one might find such a thing. That's my main problem with the race name right there, being named after a thing that does not exist in the in-game world, and so has no reason for the race so named to even know what it is.

Back