My Apologies to you all.

Adventurers of Briarpass,

Thought I could not in good faith claim you all as close friends and confidant, I would daresay I have made kinships to many who brandish steel and mind to the defense of their common man and for the most part you and yours have been everything I could have hoped for since signing the declaration ceeding Briarpass to your control what seems many years ago. While I cannot deny the troubles and frictions we have caused one another I also hold them to pale in comparison to the achievements. From our first meeting at the battlements of the Rockfist Siege of Arbor my heart and mind were made up to the greatness of your spirits and the grim determination with which you astonishingly push through life. I knew then and further confirmed when several months later you simply signed your lands over to the former agressor force in an unprecedented show of kindness that my decision and sacrifice was the right choice.

I have prided myself on my exact nature, unflinching faith in state and law and my precise delivery of justice to the peoples of wayside. My duties, while never easy or what one would call enjoyable have been fullfilling in a way I only suspect your chosen paths of aid and fellowship. Recently I was met with a test which I without rancor can say I failed in. I was made to choose between the good of the law and the good of my country and I chose what I have thrust my beleif in for the last several years. I chose the law, and in so choosing I was made to stand afore friends, kin, and people of moral character with intent to do violence upon them in the defence of my choice. I can faithfully say that I was mistaken in my choice and that I must apologize to you all for making your path more difficult. Though I could never stop such a dedicated gathering of warriors, scholars, healers, and diplomats. My delaying you almost cost you a chance at victory, and the peacefull death of a man I admirred most fervantly. For this, I hope with all my heart that you can forgive me as we have forgiven each other past transgressions. However, I cannot in good faith say I can see myself ever able to choose differently with the information I had in hand. I am a man of law, a creature bound to lead my life by it and cannot promise this would not happen again. My beleif in you gives me faith in you above my judgement to act with moral authority and good conscience to the defense of the common good and lawfull life of the peoples of Wayside.

Effective August 1rst I will be stepping down from my position as Head Magistrate and Seneshal. My master, mentor and friend has moved on, my country been tried and tested, my spirit torn asunder, I have met the test before me and this time I have failed to succeed. I must thank you all for showing me that my time has come, that I have been perhaps shortsighted in my approach to the law and to the good of the people I have sworn an oath to defend. Thus I see I am not able to continue my duties. I have already sent the Emergency High Regent a request to release me from my duties effective that date. A public announcement is already making its way through the news channels but I wished to adress you all specifically. In the meanwhile I will be available to all of you for discussion and to answer any questions via the dreamrealm or by private letter. I beg you all, do what must be done, I shall bar your way no further.

By my hand and my own free will,

Jocelyn Rassh

Back