My Mad Case of Pwnmonia

So I was recently informed that there is something that has come up that I need to address. Due to some comments that were made at the event by myself, at least a few of our players believe I truly enjoy killing players. I suppose when you say something like that and then 7 people rez, I can see how you would make that connection, so I'll take a minute and explain my own personal belief about resurrection at our chapter.

So, does Jorsh enjoy killing people? Eh, not really. Do I feel bad when I see people ressurecting? Not so much either. The thing is, I used to play places where there was no fear of ressurecting, I'd take naps out in the middle of town, wander around without weapons, things like that. I was pretty bored. I've also played places where I get murdered all the time by things that no one should ever have to fight. That was incredibly frustrating. I can tell you that when we're statting, I try to write cards right down the middle. Somewhere where things aren't impossible for the people fighting it to kill, but not a push over either.

I don't enjoy ressurecting people, I enjoy telling a good story and running a difficult game, the resurrections that occurred this weekend were a byproduct of both. For those people that are new, I can promise that while sometimes it may be frustrating, you will develop into more skilled players by being in these types of situations. I understand that it can be frustrating, and if it is, come talk to me, we'll figure out what we can do to make it more enjoyable. I hope that clears some things up, if you have more questions feel free to contact me, or if you aren't comfortable with that, shoot Tommy Two Socks an email and he'll talk to me.

-Jorsh
Plot Doozer and People Eater

**Edited out a misspelling in the subject, because I'm an idiot.

Josh,

I have played games where you'd have to be a complete idiot to rez and I can tell you they're not much fun. I love playing SoMi because I know I'll be challenged, and there's nothing like a bit of fear of death to put spice into the game!

The one person I know who rezzed did so due to a series of mishaps. Yes, SoMi is a dangerous chapter - keeps you on your toes. My vote is to keep on as you have been doing, and I know I speak for Mike also. BIG VOTE OF CONFIDENCE.

Arlene
HoG
Traverse City

I felt I should weigh in my two copper here, as I was the one playing the NPC in question at this event.

Like Josh said, I don't like to kill people and certainly don't write card for that purpose. I like to challenge the PCs and play cards that make sense. Some NPCs I play will taunt you with dead friends, others are out for vengeance and will drop a circle around you. Different goals require different tactics. I don't want anyone to think they were targeted, I think its evident by the inaccuracy of my spell casting anyone who got hit was just unlucky :)

I hope people have a good time and if you're not, let me know. Tell me what you want from our events and I'll do my best to give it to you.

Also for the record, if I wanted to kill the town I'd get five people (me, Chad, Travis, Mike Modlin, and Josh) together and play 4 ghasts and a death master. Everyone in town would rez and you'd never know what hit you. Muhahaha

Take care all, hope to see you at the next event.

I would like to add my two cents as well, as i was one of the ones that did rez :) I dont believe you guys were targeting anyone or making the npc cards too big. I always have a great time at SoMI because i always feel challenged, but not to where its frusterating by any means. I believe the last fight in the tavern was well done, if you were smart and alert you survived ...and if not you get hit with a few charms and then a circle dropped around you :p haha, but yeah the threat of dying and rezing makes the game fun.

Josh keep doin what you're doin :)

Liza

I'm just going to say it wasn't impossible for the people that had rezed (including myself) to not have (example: Those that were still up could have ran into the woods and stayed there lol).
It's the fact that the town doesn't exactly work great together (meaning PCs) because of the groups simply not getting along, but to me it's more fun that way. If everyone got along perfect in game it would be incredibly boring.
I definitely don't feel like you were targetting anyone or rezing people on purpose, Josh, and I don't see how anyone else would have assumed that.
I've played for 6 years and the only chapter I have ever rezed at was SoMi, but it's definitely my favorite chapter mainly because of that. Lol.
I had fun even though I rezed, I know Chelsea (the girl dark elf that was with me) had fun as well and she hadn't played in about 3 years.

~Steph

So what I'm getting for the last two posts is that Josh, Blake, and I should try harder to make you rez?

Gezz you're all masochists... sickos... :)

See you in a few weeks

First off I'd like to say I was one of the unfortunate few who rez'ed this last market weekend. I'd also like to say that I was extremely frustrated and angry about seeing the inside of a circle. With that being said I'd like to clarify that any anger or frustration I had was all in character.

Death is a needed part of every good game. Every action has consequences and likewise every inaction also has consequences. Out of game I may have thought for half a second well that sucked. But in game I think it added so much to my weekend. I never felt more in character than I did the few minutes after my rez. Ive also found its quite difficult to find a spare weapon in town when all you want to do is go hurt something. I was more angry that I let some pee-on flunky catch me unsuspecting.

If you want things handed to you just e-mail me and I'll tell you what chapters you can play in. But if you want to improve and grow as your character then you have to face adversity to do so. We learn a lot more from our mistakes than our successes...and any good lesson is usually painful. Anyone who has ever accomplished anything had to go through hell to get it. So if you want to just do your time and guarantee success, there is always WoW.

There was a time when I first started when I was really attached to my character and stuff like that would have really bothered me. Now however, I come for the roleplay and not for the build or stats or magic items. To me it's not about fearing for my character, but rather what would I do in any given situation. Some times it takes traumatic events to really put you in that mindset. So with that I'd like to say thanks Josh, Matt, Blake, and all the NPC's keep up the great work

I would just like to request that you kill Rob Daniels more (not so much his character, but him).....and maybe TadRon too, you know, to help them get in touch with their characters!!!

Joking aside, I also enjoy the thrill of knowing if I mess up there are consequences.

Keep on keeping on!!

daver

Hey Dave,

How come every time you go to bed early one of us dies? Pretty soon plot is gonna ask when your going to bed so they know when to come after us

Even tho I didnt rez, I would just like to throw this out there to all of you guys:

I am soooo glad that all of you understand the reason why certain PCs (Durk) dont work well together is an In-Game thing. And now that you all have seen the monsters that come out in SoMI, plot is trying to show us that the only way to survive is to work together. If we dont work together, bad things will happen. Already, Durk has understood that he needs to work with someone who is his COMPLETE opposite but he realizes that is the only way he and this town will survive.

I love seeing all of the new players come out to this game and, even tho they rez, they still have a great time. This is a hard chapter to play in but I guarantee it will make you a better, smarter player. In that fight with the Draconian, after 4 people had rezed, I had heard many people already understand what needs to happen when they get charmed. Cazik specifically turned to Durk and said "If I get charmed, I want you to tackle me (basically)." Durk had huge respect for Cazik at that point. These are the tactics and knowledge that makes you a smarter player and knowledge you will only pick up when your PCs life is threatened.

Again, I am soo glad that you all love this type of game and don't want anything changed. All I see from the SoMI plot team is more hardships, more rezing, and more FUN!!!!!!! I DONT WANT THAT TO CHANGE AT ALL!!!!!!!

John

I have decided that I am going to play a grumpy dwarf from now on....and that my bedtime is no later than 1am, so if that helps plot decide when it is the best time to kill Rob Daniels, I will be sure to let them know if I plan on going to bed any earlier.

If you only play at night...then I will play the day....that way I do not have to see your ugly scarred black face Vhossek!!!...

Actually, notice the night you cooked for me I stayed up late....maybe you should just cook more for me. What really sucks is I bought Vhossek a portion of Mathis's kickbutt chilli, but I do not think you ever had a chance to get any =(

Peace,
daver

p.s. I think we will be co-operating more.

Back