Mystik Arts nonlatex foam weapons, Weapon Marshalls plz see!

Here is some items from Mystik Arts (a small LARP weapon maker). Here is a spear, some throwing axes.

Attachments

• spear whole.jpg
    spear whole.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 811
  • spear core.png
    spear core.png
    563.4 KB · Views: 809
  • spear head.png
    spear head.png
    579.6 KB · Views: 809
Re: Mystik Arts nonlatex foam weapons, Weapon Marshalls plz

heres more

Attachments

• head squish.png
    head squish.png
    515.9 KB · Views: 807
  • bottom core.png
    bottom core.png
    508.3 KB · Views: 806
  • bat ax.png
    bat ax.png
    542.5 KB · Views: 806

heres the last posts. The foam is a soft foam and when it dried around the shaft of the spear it became a little firmer (comparable to pipe foam).

Here is the FB page to Mystik Arts. If you want to see some items in person I'll be at all NJ events with demo items. Check out the page for daggers, more throwing weapons, potion bottles. Colors are customizable. For custom items it has to be discussed with the "blacksmith" and usually bought in bulk. I can deliver items to NJ events as well.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mystik ... 8913636508

Marshalls please look over the items and see if there is obvious flaws or reason for failing. Also feel free to ask questions and I can answer them very quickly.

Attachments

• bat ax squish.png
    bat ax squish.png
    490.3 KB · Views: 805
  • bataxes.png
    bataxes.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 805

Once a Marshal has had a chance to feel some of these in person, Iwould very much be interested in their thoughts on these weapons.

-Luke

Probably not, to both, due to sharp points. These will both probably follow latex rules anyways, which means no thrusting with the spear, making it worthless. That's my first impression of them, but your local chapter, marshals, etc., would need to see then in person, we can't make a ruling over the internet.
Matt,
Seattle/Oregon marshal.

obcidian_bandit said:
Probably not, to both, due to sharp points. These will both probably follow latex rules anyways, which means no thrusting with the spear, making it worthless. That's my first impression of them, but your local chapter, marshals, etc., would need to see then in person, we can't make a ruling over the internet.
Matt,
Seattle/Oregon marshal.

Also it's "soft foam" per his notes...would not pass as there needs to be more of an impact foam covering all cores.

Back