N00B

cav78

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello...stumbled across the website as I was perusing the web and this seems like a pretty neat thing to try and squirm my way into. That being said, I have to come clean...I have never officially done any type of LARPing...but I have played D&D and PLENTY of RPG's on my PC (Alistair even approves of the spot in my heart that I still hold dear for games such as Space Quest, King's Quest, and Hero's Quest...ok, so he's quite easy to please, but...)

So I was told to jump right in and tell you 'bout myself...I am an 11th year band director/music & computer teacher/drummer/everything else musician that has many years of experience in martial arts, paintball, running, sports, etc. I have many hobbies and a soft spot for puppies (we have a Puggle and a Rat Terrier).

Let's see...most of the characters I've played via D&D or RPGs have been Rogues, but I'm not sure if my charisma is high enough IRL to get away with it. Yes, I did just use "IRL." Thank you. :geek:

Oh, I'm a HUGE Cubs fan. Hope I didn't just scare anyone off....

-Cav

cav78 said:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello...stumbled across the website as I was perusing the web and this seems like a pretty neat thing to try and squirm my way into. That being said, I have to come clean...I have never officially done any type of LARPing...but I have played D&D and PLENTY of RPG's on my PC (Alistair even approves of the spot in my heart that I still hold dear for games such as Space Quest, King's Quest, and Hero's Quest...ok, so he's quite easy to please, but...)

So I was told to jump right in and tell you 'bout myself...I am an 11th year band director/music & computer teacher/drummer/everything else musician that has many years of experience in martial arts, paintball, running, sports, etc. I have many hobbies and a soft spot for puppies (we have a Puggle and a Rat Terrier).

Let's see...most of the characters I've played via D&D or RPGs have been Rogues, but I'm not sure if my charisma is high enough IRL to get away with it. Yes, I did just use "IRL." Thank you. :geek:

Oh, I'm a HUGE Cubs fan. Hope I didn't just scare anyone off....

-Cav

Cav,

First off - being a Cubs fan totally wins you bonus points with at least me. :) My ring tone on my cell is even "Go Cubs Go" during the season. So welcome! Great taste in RPGs... been a while since I've heard someone reference old-school Sierra games for PC. Where are you from, Cav? Have you had a chance to check out a rulebook yet? Let us know if you have any questions - we're happy to help, and hopefully we'll see you at our events once we start back up in the spring (or maybe if we run an event or two over the winter!). If you're not comfortable posting your questions, you can always email me at waysidelogistics@gmail.com .

Again, welcome!

Robert Sachs
General Manager, Alliance LARP Chicago

dragonfire8974 said:
Welcome Dood!

Well, technically, "dudette" would be more appropriate, but ... ;)

I'm originally from around Midway Airport in Chicago, but when i got married, moved out to the Naperville area.
I plan on downloading the rule book at some point soon...probably this weekend. Not sure about winter play...it can be brutal with paintball...I'm thinking spring might make it a wee bit more enjoyable for my first time 'round...

I'm sure I'll have a ton of Q's, and if I ever get annoying by asking them, let me know. I like a solid knowledgebase with everything.

Thanx for the welcomes! :mrgreen:

Cav,

As I was telling you last night, we're a fairly friendly bunch and don't mind answering questions at all. BTW- This is Paul. :)

My advice would be, download the book. its like 6 bucks or something so you can get a good grounding of the rules, classes, and what to expect from an event. From there, contact Rob Sachs, he of the cubs ringtone, and ask him to input you into our database and start your character.

Wish you the best of weekends as I go off to die (in South Minnesota's game :p)

Thanks,

Paul

Rule Book

Ok...

I clicked on the link for the rule book, and it gave me an error message. Can you post the correct link?

Thanx!

Back