Necali Is Dead

Let it be known that the Patriarch Vampire Necali has been permanently slain by those present in Chiram's Hollow this past second Sunday of October. The Vampire is no more. My eternal gratitude to all those who came to help win this great victory for the people of Learathen. The spirits of Necali's countless victims may now know peace and the people of Kalcadia may now reclaim their lost land.

To the Forgotten One I say this: Your Hunt is fulfilled. You have redeemed your honor in my eyes. You will not go forgotten by me or mine and mine is a people with a very long memory.

In Service,
Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer
Royal Knight of Brittington

The dragons say that victory is not a destination - it is a constant struggle.

I am grateful beyond measure for your sacrifices. This triumph swells my heart, and invigorates my bones.

Soon, that which follows will come. For so long as these eyes have light within them, I shall remain vigilant for the jackals that feast on the lion's corpse.

For now, you have the thanks of an entire world. The feeble praise of a single old man is but one more shout among millions.

I shall be Corinthius once more.

Why are we screaming for the world to hear news that, while joyful, is not of interest to the peasants and workers of all of Fortannis?
-Dorgun

I assure you, it is of extreme interest to those who have fought Necali. While I wasn't among them, I know What Gebous had told me, and I know of the loss of Sevaria this past year.
Any time an enemy falls, it should be shouted from the roof tops so all can hear, because just maybe it can give hope to any who are facing a similar threat.
Trevor Dae

Why are we screaming for the world to hear news that, while joyful, is not of interest to the peasants and workers of all of Fortannis?
-Dorgun

It might be of interest to the "peasants" of the the two continents Necali had been to and laid waste, committing wholesale slaughter to men, women and children, turning entire families into vampires.

They might care...

It might also be of interest to the many adventurers, from many lands throughout the world, who have fought Necali and shed blood to help end his existence. They probably find this interesting, especially if they happen to have lost loved ones.

Some might also believe that when you shout it out into the world, those now in the graveyard due to Necali might hear the words as well. I believe they might find this news of interest.

I trust my wife, among those lost, would have found this news very interesting.

Heresy

Dorgun,

I am no one of importance when one views Fortannis from the eyes of eagles. However, when I hear of fiends of such terrible evil like this Necali being destroyed, I enjoy hearing of the victory. When I hear of pain from those who have lost treasured friends and family, I mourn with them, even if I have no personal connection.

Those who battle against evil and suffering are my allies, even if I've never set eyes on them, and where they win, I win. Where they suffer, I suffer.

I am certainly more interested in hearing such news than I am in hearing your disrespect of it.

-Zeth

I shall remain vigilant for the jackals that feast on the lion's corpse

There is nothing that remains of Necali for them to feast upon. His body burned as well as the ashes.

As one that has felt his fangs, been turned and resurrected the same night we lost Sevaria, I am glad I was there to fight him one last time to put him and all those others that have fallen, never to be forgotten to rest. I hope they all rest well now.

-Avalon

Back