New armor

elliotbay

Knight
Marshal
The rules say that on my first game, at the beginning, I will be given tags for any armor that I'm wearing, and that that is the only time they will give me armor tags. Does that mean I won't get any in any subsequent games? If, e.g., I buy some chainmail, or some extra costume to make me look more in-period, would I not get to benefit from those, except in as much as they would give me the right to buy some armor in-game? As a corollary, do maximum armor points get reassessed every event?

Yes, to all questions asked.
(Exception: Some chapters may not re-evaluate your armor at every event. Once it's been evaluated the first event it shows up to, there's not really a reason to do it every time, so some chapters just don't. If you do add new costuming/armor bits that may impact your armor rating, you need to have the suit re-evaluated.)
~Matt, WCV

This rule is also per character, not player. So, if you make a second character that has different armor (and they should really unless it's a plain chainmail shirt and the costuming is totally different to make sure you don't just look like your old character with different make up) then the first time you showed up to play the new character, you would get all new starting gear, including weapon and armor tags for the weapons and armor you were wearing/carrying when you walk into game.

Back