New Blood among you.

Hello everyone. I felt I should go ahead and introduce myself, perhaps say a little about me. I’ll start off by saying I’ve always been in to Role Play. From D&D, to mmorpg’s and Rp games console/PC, from Forum base post rp, to social RP (like 2nd life). Truth be it, I am very into immersive Story lines and role play.

I’ve always taken interest into LARp communities, but hadn’t really known to what aspect they favored the play outs. Was it constant battling with Boffers, or did people travel for several miles down a trail, and telling stories around a campfire, I didn’t know. I did enjoy going to Ren Faires but at times they seemed to joyful, and I guess I wasn’t really into that.

Well, I’ve done more digging around and found I could really get into what this community has to offer. I started reading Larp guide books (different chapters and types) and really became more and more interested. Great thing is I live only 2 hrs from San Francisco, and I’m moving outside of Portland fall of next year. It’s great that there are Chapters in those areas.

With gear on its way, I hope to make a Nov, event in S.F. and by then I can be all studied up on backstories and knowledge of true fundamentals how everything will play out.
This will be a new experience for me, and hopefully I grow comfortable quickly. Play on!

For now, I am sponge gathering information.
(Through the PDF file on my kindle, so I've certainly got some catching up to do while on break at work. )

Welcome! I hope we get to meet you in November. Please feel free to email us if you any questions.

Jim said:
Welcome! I hope we get to meet you in November. Please feel free to email us if you any questions.

Thank you good sir! Believe me, I have more than plenty to ask, but I'll ease the fire by reading up on what's written here. Always better than having those repeat themselves when the info is plainly ininfront of me. Heh.

So far what I've learner is certainly intriguing, and I hope my mistakes when the time comes to it will be easily forgiven. Right now I'm reading on the rules for gear and I hope I've got my armorial in order for that. Shame if I could wear what I've storn toegether of the past few months.

I'll check back here later.

OR has a game in October but it's all the way up in southern WA. There are a lot of people just out of Portland going to that event, if you are interested. Pop on the OR boards and you might land yourself a ride to the game. SF is a great chapter too. Isn't it nice having options?

evi1r0n said:
OR has a game in October but it's all the way up in southern WA. There are a lot of people just out of Portland going to that event, if you are interested. Pop on the OR boards and you might land yourself a ride to the game. SF is a great chapter too. Isn't it nice having options?

It very much is, and I thank you for that bit of information. If I've got my gear all set, and if its leaning away from other obligations, I'll certainly take a look into going. Wow, From where I live, that's a 11-12 hour drive. Yikes.

And because I'm still floating on this 'Welcome me' Page, one question I've been meaning to ask is, is NERO Cali the same affilation as Alliance LARP? I know they have a San Fran chapter as well as the Alliance, or am I wrong to think this is the same establisment?

I was only curious.

phedre said:
NERO and Alliance split years back, NERO California and Alliance SF aren't affiliated.

Ok, I wasn't sure. I read little simularities but couldn't be sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reading throughthe rule book, I'm a little curious if there is a templet for character bio/history ÷ stats that I can work off of to send to approval for the game Marshells? I'll probably try an npc rollfirst but I wanted to at least get started.
Thanks guys. Any info will help.

There really isn't a template, honestly. There's a couple of taboo topics you cannot include in a background: religion and ****.

As for building a character, the best thing to do would be to work with the Logistics person of the chapter you're going to play at. Logistics people generally have the ins and outs of character creation down, and will have good advice for building your character to both fit your concept and maximize your fun.

To that end, as a Logistics person, I highly recommend looking at the "pure" classes for a starting class. Fighters, Rogues, and Scholars get more bang for their buck early on. Even if your concept is to eventually be a badass warrior-mage, picking Fighter or Scholar first will generally increase your fun factor at the lower levels. Our system has a slide mechanic in place to allow players with a concept like warrior-mage to begin buying skills from the second set of abilities, and eventually just gain the better cost of the split class (in this case, Templar.)

Plot will have to tell you what they look for in a history, as well as give you race packet info. If you want build spend info or ideas, send me a PM or email me at lauren (dot) yung (at) gmail (dot) com.

I used to run monster desk for a chapter back east, and wrote tons of PC stat cards for when we had to send out "Human number 7" and "biata number 3," all of them level 20 or less... also, I'm a rules marshal for SF. The old stat cards might be on my old hard drive, I'll check tonight in case you want some ideas. :)

The biggest reasons I will decline a backstory for Seattle are the following:

The story contains deaths and murders that don't align with the resurrection system. I know not all chapters have every living person rez but this is true for Alliance WA and OR. Basically the Alliance system breaks the "they murdered my mom one night so vengeance!" plot-line in a lot of ways. Permanently killing someone in Fortannis takes a lot of effort, at least 3 deaths.

The story contains disallowed themes like **** or religion.

The story makes use of existing PCs and you didn't get their permission to include them.

Back