New guy here!

Hello all!

I'm a student at University of Oregon, and I just yesterday ran across you guys' group. At the moment I'm trying to get a group of friends together to come on January. I have a few questions that would help this venture out. I haven't been able to find prices on the website, and that's important to know. Also, is there anyone from Eugene that comes to the LARP? I'm willing to pay for gas if I could bum a ride.

Thank you all for your help!

I think that you're the third or fourth person to happen upon this group from Eugene in the last few months, so there might actually be a number of brand new people coming to that game from your area. Most folk come from Portland, but at the last game we had people from as south as San Fransisco, CA and as north as Bellingham, WA. I'd check out some of the recent posts on this part of the forum if you're trying to dig up people in Eugene.

Pricing varies depending on which chapter you're playing in and whether you're playing your personal character (PC) or helping out and playing assigned roles (NPC). You can also qualify for discounts. If you send in all your character information (Pre-Register), such as which spells your character will be memorizing or what sort of things they might be crafting (if you character can do those kinds of things) you'll get about $10 off in most chapters. First time PCs also play their first game at half cost in many chapters. In the Oregon chapter, I believe that NPCs play for free, and PCs pay either $50 or $60, depending on whether they pre-register. (I might be off by about $5, I don't remember off the top of my head)I'm almost certain that you play your first game as a PC at half cost in Oregon.

The cost of the event pays for the site, where you'll have a bunk (or even a cabin) indoors, so you won't have to worry about tents. There are real bathrooms and a full cafeteria style kitchen (without dishes) at all the sites we use. All of the sites we use have some heated buildings, some have power and lights (at many sites, all buildings have all of these things, but not all of them do.) Your entrance fee also covers logistical concerns, insurance, costuming and props that NPCs will use, and a wide variety of other concerns. All the work is volunteer, so the entrance fee is relatively low.

~Matt, West Coast Variety
General Manager, Alliance Seattle

Obcidian,

This helps so much, thank you! I was worried about being able to pay for this, but... Heck, this looks like it could really work out. I'll try and get in contact with some of the other Eugeners.

Thanks!

Yes PC'ing with Pre Reg is 50 in Oregon. PC'ing without Pre Reg is 60. All NPC'ing is the best price of FREE!

When we say Pre Reg we mean sending in all of your character information before your first event or game day. Gamedays I believe are run twice a month but take time out for RL events such as the holidays. Gamedays are 15 Pre Reg PC and 20 with no Pre Reg and NPC'ing is again FREE!

Thanks for the info Egor. Free is a very good price indeed, so I'm planning on NPCing in the January Event. Is there some way to get in contact with staff beforehand and let them know?

~Mystic

FYI though as I recall Cymryc is in Disney Land with his kids at the moment so don't expect an instant response!

Back