New LARPer Informal Meet 'n' Greet - any interest?

Traceroo

Rogue
The Barony of Rivervale team is interested in hosting some of the folks who have never LARPed before for a really informal Meet 'n' Greet -- This is a chance to talk to some experienced LARPers about what you can expect during a LARP weekend, ask some basic questions, get advice on character concepts or your history if interested, try on your make-up or ask about costume basics, perhaps do a little boffer sparring in the backyard. We'll also have a lesson in making boffer weapons to help you put yours together if you like, and we'll be making spell packets, too.

This will be at Moriarty Manor, my home in northwest Westminster, near the JeffCo Airport and the Broomfield border. We're considering two dates to see which seems most popular with anyone interested:

Next Saturday afternoon, July 20th, OR
Sunday, July 28th

If you're interested in this, please shout out, and do let me know your preference for dates. You may post here, or reach me at trace.moriarty@gmail.com if you have questions.

Trace Moriarty

I think this is a fantastic idea, but I'm wiling to bet that most of the new LARPers aren't on the forums. Have you thought about posting this on the Alliance Denver facebook page/group?

I have posted it on the Facebook page, actually. Unfortunately, the way it's set up -- since it's a "person's" page, not a group -- anything posted by other than Alliance gets shuffled and shoved down pretty quickly by FB. Jesse, you may repost if you like to highlight this a little better.

Trace

Back