New LCO Effect: Devour Dreams

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Devour Dreams
LCO Effect: Devour Dreams

Devour Dreams is an ability that certain creatures will use on an unconscious or dying body. It will always be delivered by a 3 count on the Torso. Unlike a killing blow, it will bring the PC to 0 body, give them an Amnesia effect and put them unconscious for 10 minutes. They can be woken up by normal means, and the amnesia can be cured within 10 minutes per normal rules. While under the effects of Devour Dreams each night you will experience significant nightmares of your worst fears. This should be RP’d accordingly when you wake up after sleeping.

Plot may at any point notify you of an unavoidable Sleep effect (as if touch cast and accepted). It may not be resisted, cloaked or avoided by any IG means. However, at this time, certain events will happen until you are woken up. The rest can be found out in game, and/or by simply asking other PCs who recognize this effect.

If you are not “cured” of Devour Dreams after 4 months, your body will dissipate as if received a "touch cast and accepted Magic Shatter Spirit". This will take place in real time via a live encounter; however it does not need to be cured at an event, so there is no worrying if you can’t make an event, however if Plot is not made aware that you’ve been cured, your body may dissipate sometime during your next physical event after the 4 months and you will receive a death on your card (after 4 months has gone by uncured). It's as simple as saying "I took this action to remove this disease" in an IBGA.

We will not give this death offscreen, so if you were infected and didn't return to Chicago for 2 years, you'd have the effect take place sometime during your next actual present game and could still find a way to remove it prior to the Shatter Spirit.

Paul or Ryan and we’ll be happy to respond.
Thanks,
Plot

Last edited:
Transparency Clarification:

I changed some wording in this document and the official LCO document for this effect. It still remains the exact same and the time frame remains. However I wanted to emphasize that the “Shatter Spirit” event will be an actual event in game, and has a chance to be interrupted/stopped temporarily. To be 100% transparent, an example situation is listed below.

Example:

Enan becomes infected in May and doesn’t find himself cured by the Oct 3rd event. Sometime Saturday Enan receives an Arcane Sleep. At that time, a Nightmare Elemental spawns around Enan and begins to Devour his Spirit. It is loud, it looks like a killing blow and will proceed with, “I Devour your Spirit 1…2…3…4…5.”. Once 5 is reached, Magic Shatter Spirit will be given. If Enan had a Spell Shield at the time, it would go off per normal Touch Cast spell rules. At this time, the elemental would start the Devour all over again. If the Elemental is killed it will simply dissipate. However it may return after 24 hours at the event. If the Oct 31st event comes around and Enan still has not been cured, then the same situation will likely take place. It can happen anytime at an event, be it during lunch, on a mod, or while you’re alone in the woods.

Back