new newbie question!

atrix

hello there new players im hailing from san francisco and have been wanting to join this network for a while now but hello!

was hoping a few of you can answer a few questions

1) were do the events take place?
2) how do i make a character or npc for the first time?
3) is it fun and easy?

if anyone could answer these questions i would highly appreciate that thank you all!

atrix said:
hello there new players im hailing from san francisco and have been wanting to join this network for a while now but hello!

was hoping a few of you can answer a few questions

1) were do the events take place?
2) how do i make a character or npc for the first time?
3) is it fun and easy?

if anyone could answer these questions i would highly appreciate that thank you all!

1: Best place to ask would be the San Fran section of the forums.

viewforum.php?f=97

2: NPC-ing takes no preset up for you other than bringing black colour weather appropriate gear, sleep gear, and socks (lots & lots of socks).

3: getting familiar with the rules is important. pdf versions are available (will try to find the link). Everyone is more than happy to take a small hold to explain how they are beating up on you.

SF weekend games take place in the Santa Cruz Mountains at a boyscout camp named Camp Cutter

Single day events take place usually in Belgatos Park in San Jose

((You can google both of them))

A character is made simply by following the steps within the rulebook. You should check the San Francisco forums though to see about any special racial histories. The book has the general racial description but every chapter has a local racial packet as to how that race fits within their region.

There could also be existing groups that you might be able to hook your character history with - although that requires approval from the plot committee.

Hi atrix,

Really the only barrier to playing this great game is showing up the first time with an open and fun loving attitude.
The SF guys are pretty awesome.
You can be taught 90% of the rules you need to know in about 15 minutes and the rest on the fly.

Come and join our Facebook group too:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/alliancesf/

Hi Atrix,

I'm one of the writers for SF. I agree with the answers the people up-thread have given regarding reading the rulebook; I also wanted to let you know we have an event coming up on the 20th and 21st of this month; it'll be back-to-back day events taking place at Belgatos Park in Los Gatos, CA. We'd love it if you could make it to one or both days as an NPC or a PC. PM me if you want any more details, or head to the Announcements section of the San Francisco sub-forum. Welcome aboard!

Back